Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If Barak Obama was....

Options
  • 06-11-2008 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

If B. Obama was elected president of Kenya, would he be Kenya's first white president?

I'm just wondering why the media seem to be wheeling out every black person they can find for an opinion. I mean Dizzy Rascal on C 4 news, they dusted off Seal this morning. What's that all about?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dennisthemennis

hahha..dizzy rascal, what does he know about anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

I think its significant but at the same time it seems to be overshadowing things.

I like to think we are at a stage now where race or skin colour just is'nt that big a deal any more for the masses. The election of Barack shows this to be the case but the continuous dwelling on the color of the mans skin in the aftermath of his victory goes to show its still a major thing for people.

Maybe I am out of line but it does annoy me when I see people like Dizzey Rascal or Seal being interviewed about it for the simple reason that it basically takes this man Barack Obama, who is obviously incredibly intelligent and charasmatic and has worked so hard to become president and develop sound idea's and policies and they basically break it all down to "he's a black man". I wonder how in depth Dizzee could talk about Obama's policies on the economy and US healthcare? Thats what should be focused on imo.

Advertisement