Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Novel .........

Options
  • 06-11-2008 11:47am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 218 ✭✭

Resurrecting this from an old thread. Originally started by El S

This is a DIY novel. El Stuntman started it, I added the next piece. It is up to you to add the next bit. Sort of like a play-by-play thread but with words.

'Going South' by ollyk1

It was a steamy night in the Bahamas and Olly gulped down another non-alcoholic pina colada before glancing down at his hole cards. A seven and a two peeked back at him for what felt like the millionth time since he'd landed on this godforsaken island, fleeing what he euphemistically called 'money troubles' back in his hometown of Dublin, Ireland. What Olly didn't share with his fellow tourists at the Calypso Cardroom was that his money troubles involved an irate, cleaver-wielding Chinese chef, a deck of marked cards and the keys to 'The Lotus Garden' takeaway in Ballydehob. Not to mention an interpol warrant for his arrest in ninety-seven countries. 'Raise', he was suprised to hear himself say as he mused on the circumstances that had brought him to this corner of the world....

A familiar voice brought our hero out of his wistful musings.

"Awww eeen!!"

Fortunately, the announcement came not from the table, but from behind Olly. Or was it so fortunate? Between calculating the odds of him winning this pot with such a strong hand, his wanton daydreaming, and trying to figure out what it meant that his opponent kept looking at Olly's stack, then his own stack and this his cards - Olly could not recall to whom this oh so familiar voice belonged.

He hoped it was Lu Cious Li looking for her key back. Summoning up as much courage as a man laying down two black kings on an Ace, Queen, Ten of diamonds flop Olly gulped and turned to face the owner of the voice.

"Well a meat cleaver between the eyes is just a good as a meat cleaver between the shoulder blades", Olly reasoned.

"Rory" Olly cried............................
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Resurrecting this from an old thread. Originally started by El S

This is a DIY novel. El Stuntman started it, I added the next piece. It is up to you to add the next bit. Sort of like a play-by-play thread but with words.

'Going South' by ollyk1

It was a steamy night in the Bahamas and Olly gulped down another non-alcoholic pina colada before glancing down at his hole cards. A seven and a two peeked back at him for what felt like the millionth time since he'd landed on this godforsaken island, fleeing what he euphemistically called 'money troubles' back in his hometown of Dublin, Ireland. What Olly didn't share with his fellow tourists at the Calypso Cardroom was that his money troubles involved an irate, cleaver-wielding Chinese chef, a deck of marked cards and the keys to 'The Lotus Garden' takeaway in Ballydehob. Not to mention an interpol warrant for his arrest in ninety-seven countries. 'Raise', he was suprised to hear himself say as he mused on the circumstances that had brought him to this corner of the world....

A familiar voice brought our hero out of his wistful musings.

"Awww eeen!!"

Fortunately, the announcement came not from the table, but from behind Olly. Or was it so fortunate? Between calculating the odds of him winning this pot with such a strong hand, his wanton daydreaming, and trying to figure out what it meant that his opponent kept looking at Olly's stack, then his own stack and this his cards - Olly could not recall to whom this oh so familiar voice belonged.

He hoped it was Lu Cious Li looking for her key back. Summoning up as much courage as a man laying down two black kings on an Ace, Queen, Ten of diamonds flop Olly gulped and turned to face the owner of the voice.

"Well a meat cleaver between the eyes is just a good as a meat cleaver between the shoulder blades", Olly reasoned.

Rory Olly cried.....Look who it is .
    and there behind him stood El stuntman wearing thie biggest Fine Gael Rossette you've ever seen. You could barely see the top of his head. From behind the rosette Olly could hear Glyn weeping like Gaza going through a Euro 96 football album. What's the matter? smirked Olly, somewhat amused that Glyn was crying so openly and yet hiding behind the rediculous gigantic Fine Gael rossette. Olly, did you hear it? Did you hear it? Obamas speech? I havn't creid this much since I saw Garrett wheelin the missus into the mansion house in her wheelchair....now there was a devoted man. Obama has come to save us all all, WE ARE SAVED....(sob, sob) Here listen I've downlaoded the speech onto my IPOD ......Olly takes the ipod and places the earpiece into his one good ear. Within minutes Olly starts wailing and falls into the arms of Glyn. Gays and straights, and black and white hippos will be treated equally..did you hear his words? Yes I did cried Glyn, and I heard that OBama cried with joy and his tears merged with the rain and into the rivers of america curing disease everywhere........ This is the dawning of a new era Glyn. I'm going to grow my hair long and go live in San Francisco, in the park. I'll have a sleep in for world peace with SWAR ...Suddenly Glyn starts singng....this is the dawning of the age of Aquarius, the age of Aquarius....AQUARIUS....AQUARIUS...Olly shouts as he joins in.
    Rory sttod on with his eyes and mouth open, much like the Arsenal defence when giggs cut them up in the FA Cup semi Final in 1999.

Rory ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

I remember this, could make for a fantastic thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

I remember this, could make for a fantastic thread :)

I agree it had potential until YULETIRED ruined it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

I agree it had potential until YULETIRED ruined it :(

Controversial :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

YULETIRED wrote: »
    Rory ?

Yes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

just better not have any reference to the steamy night me and olly had in the bahamas!

already too much has been said!

Advertisement