Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaking Dog

Options
  • 06-11-2008 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi There,Hope someone can help me. I recently got a ten month old miniature Schnauzer male. I have notices that he shake excessively. I don't mean shaking with fear but shaking his whole body like they do when they get out of the bath for example. He's seems very happy but he must shake like this around 30 times a day! Everytime he gets up from lying down or even when he's playing he has a good shake. Would anyone know any reasons for this? He was at the vet for a check up last saturday she said he looked in great nick. Just don't want him to be going mad!!Some advice would be great!Thanks05D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

It could just be excitement or else if he was lying down could just be the blood rushing back into the places he squished while lying down?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Phenix

hi
    i wouldnt worry too much, our dog is the same. we got him from the rescue shelter a couple of months ago. He's always shaking himself and stretching......he stretches and yawns like there's no tomorrow.
    you got him checked and he's fine, prob just shaking his coat back into shape after lying down ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭05D

Phenix wrote: »
    hi
    i wouldnt worry too much, our dog is the same. we got him from the rescue shelter a couple of months ago. He's always shaking himself and stretching......he stretches and yawns like there's no tomorrow.
    you got him checked and he's fine, prob just shaking his coat back into shape after lying down ;)

Yeah now that you mention it he is always stretching! Just don't want him to be tormented by something driving him mad! Eventhough its very funny to watch him as he goes up on 2 front paws to shake his backside.

Advertisement