Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balanced PVP server?

Options
  • 06-11-2008 11:57am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone able to recommend a balanced or slightly Alliance biased PVP server?
    Preferable one with a medium population (and no queues)?
    The server my guild are on is massively overpopulated with horde (80/20 apparently) and it looks like two of the bigger Alliance guilds are migrating , so it might be worth looking for a new home..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Not Outland.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

DRakE wrote: »
    Not Outland.

lol
    so thats one off the list then!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Emeriss is not the most welcoming place for the Alliance at the moment, /sob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

you could always try the official forums. also, i think someone posted a link here where you can check the population of realms... Dunno where it was posted though

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

the maelstrom has a great balance.

I dont participate in BG or pvp anymore, cause i find it boring as muck, and i just hate the amount of annoying kids on it just farming hk points.

But when its good, before 8pm, they are the most tightly contested games ive ever played, but alliance usually shave it in the evenings and nights.

AS for pve, horde as ahead..but alliance close behind id say.

• Advertisement

Manties wrote: »
    you could always try the official forums. also, i think someone posted a link here where you can check the population of realms... Dunno where it was posted though
    cheers for the replies so far anyway.

I deliberately avoided the official forums as the quotient of comments from bored 13 year olds is fairly high there , (I'd just be inviting a whole pile of "lol @allliance " style replies.)
    I'll add malestrom to the list of servers to check out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    cheers
    We've been looking at those alright , I'm not sure how accurate they are though?(as in its not from the armory but warcraftrealms signups surely?)
    might be a good yardstick thouugh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I was under the impression that most pvp realms were relatively evenly balanced? Could be wrong on that, but certainly all the ones ive played on have been within the 60/40 range.

If its pvp your worried about, the server doesnt make a huge difference as it sources players from the entire battlegroup.

As for pve, well, dont come to Outland :P We had the best server in europe untill migrators discovered this fact and reminded us what bladefist was like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

laughing skull 49% horde - 51% ally

mymains realm. pretty decent.

top horde guilds are randoms, gnome pest control

• Advertisement

Dustaz wrote: »
    I was under the impression that most pvp realms were relatively evenly balanced? Could be wrong on that, but certainly all the ones ive played on have been within the 60/40 range.

If its pvp your worried about, the server doesnt make a huge difference as it sources players from the entire battlegroup.

As for pve, well, dont come to Outland :P We had the best server in europe untill migrators discovered this fact and reminded us what bladefist was like.
    Thanks Copey I'll add that to the ones to check.

Dustaz,the problem with imbalance (and it happens on some servers , for both factions) is that once it starts to tip in one direction , more people look to leave , which makes the problem worse , which causes >more< people to migrate ..and so on
    As someone whose server (Mazrigos)has a huge Horde to Alliance ratio imbalance I can tell you this:

While yeah ,for things like Battlegrounds PVP, the imbalance mightn't be a huge issue, but when such a small percentage of players are on your faction , it tends to be harder to get PUGs etc, also theres less high end raiding done , which means less raid sourced mats on the AH .Plus the AH economy tends to spiral out of control as theres less stuff up there.Then theres the ganking problem , when theres maybe 4 alliance players in an area , and 5 times that in horde, ganking ensues , usually the kind where 6 people whale on you at once , you res, they repeat and so on , and theres no point in trying to get help as theres no one to ask.
    Oh and world pvp just doesn't happen, so no black war bear(for killing all the opposing factions leaders) for you.The Horde on the other hand have formed an orderly queue to kill Magni. I don't think I've seen a blue haala , or seen the alliance control the spirit towers etc. Wintergrasp in the expansion apparently is going to mean that world PVP is a more important part of the game , apparantly , so that is going to be a real problem for the Alliance on the server.

At the moment theres a few people on official forums looking to get Blizzard to fix this.I doubt they will though.So I reckon it'll be paid migration for most of us..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

copeyhagen wrote: »
    laughing skull 49% horde - 51% ally

mymains realm. pretty decent.

top horde guilds are randoms, gnome pest control

What guild are you in ? I'm in Ming on Alli ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Just saw this server
    Anub'arak- PVP
    Alliance: 870 (6%)
    Horde: 13,118 (94%)

Poor stormwind must get raped pretty regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

nix wrote: »
    What guild are you in ? I'm in Ming on Alli ;D

haha no way didnt think anybodyfrom here was on laughing skull!

when i first started the game 2 years ago i was in FOCUS, which was probably the top guild on horde side.

that was only because my friend was in the guild years and got me in. i hadent a clue!!

this year i was in Made In England (few Irish in it) for most of the year till i took a 3 month break. im only back so im guildless now. think im gonna wait till i have fun with wotlk and level my toons to see what the craic is with the level 80 guilds.

ill look for you in bg's ;) or shat

Advertisement