Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa for 6 weeks hols in Oz?

Options
  • 06-11-2008 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭

Thought trailfinders would'v told me that I need a visa for going on hols for 6 weeks in Oz but have only found out through other backpackers that have been there.Does this apply for someone with an Irish passport?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Paddy

You can apply for a

eVisitor Visa

should be what you need

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭stressed out

Hi
    I am going to Oz next march for 3 weeks as my brother is getting married there. I am going with my family (6 in total) I have a Rough Guide book and I booked with Trailfinders and they both said I needed an ETA (of varying costs, Trailf said €22, but i found much cheaper on different websites)
    So is an eVisitor all I really need at the much cheaper cost of €0?
    We only intend to go for 3 weeks, no hope of extending the visit.
    Thanks

[Edit] just saw on a website the eVisitor was only introduced in October this year

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Hey Stressed

I have checked with Australian Immigration &

Irish passport holders no long can apply for ETA on their own , they have to go through a travel agent .

But you can apply for the eVisitor Visa and yes that is all you need for a holiday .

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭stressed out

cool thanks, that saves us a bit of cash!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/app/uu?form=TV

don't go through any agencies - they add on fees

Advertisement