Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bounty bars - are they good for you?

• 06-11-2008 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

They say all you need to survive on a desert island is ready supply of coconuts. Seeing as bounty bars are made of coconut, am I right to assume that they are kind of nutricious?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Coconuts are very good for you, coconuts & sugar & chocolate, hmmm no so much. I eat coconut flour on porridge oats and other things. Bounties probably are better than most other typical bars due to the good coconut, I love them.

Coconut is good for your liver too. Of course the bars are loaded with sugar and chocolate too. Coconuts are very high in fat, but it is good fat, a type that is actually said to help with fat loss. They are around 65% fat.

The usual anti-fat brigade gives them a bad name, they are high in saturated fat which will put the WW point counters off too.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055238028

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

:D Anything chocolate covered is not good for you.

Are you trying to justify gorging on loads of bounties? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Of course they are healthy for you, one of your 5 a day:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

But of course - if they have fruit in them, they're healthy. :)

A packet of Fruit Pastilles is the equivalent of eating loads of fruit. Coca Cola has vegetable extracts, and vegetables are good for you, therefore Coke is good for you! :D

above information may not be true

• Advertisement
Advertisement