Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any recommendations for...

Options
  • 06-11-2008 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

a good architect in Dundalk or north Louth. Thinking of buying a derelict property and could do with some advice/help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mrfreddred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

You'd get value going over the border if that was an option - I worked in a place in Newry and we put in fees for jobs in the south that we thought were scandalously high, but undercut Dundalk/Louth consultancies by a long way. Euro to Sterling is very much in your favour.

I've worked in the past with JL O'Hagan (based in Newry) Tel: 048 30262828 and rate them fairly highly tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭ladylorenzo

GDP - Think it stands for Gorham Design and Planning. The guy's name is Ciaran Gorham. We had him design our house last year and we've had nothing but good comments from friends and family. He has some great ideas. I'd really recommend him. I'll PM his number. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dpjobrien

Try out
    Pat McGovern & Associates in Dundalk & Navan
    Van Dijk Architects might be expensive
    Vivienne McNamee in Dundalk who is a building surveyor
    John O'Reilly in Balgatheran who is a building surveyor
    Sean Kerr in Ardee who is a building surveyor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 2Cents

A cousin of mine had Ciaran Gorham working on her house also and found him to be great. I believe he is going into a new field now though, energy ratings and the like, but he may still be doing general planning at the moment I'm not really sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 2Cents

Looks like this is the website for the BER rating stuff he's doing now.
    http://www.berated.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

Eamonn Reaburn in Ardee. PM me for his number, dont want posting it on a public forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

Could one of the mods lock this thread as it is over a year old and I found an architect some time ago.
    Thanks for all the replies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement