Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tax Disc Holder Anyone ?

Options
  • 06-11-2008 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

tax.jpg:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Selling them in your Garage Hammertime??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

ill take a hundred

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Brabus

:D Excellent!! I'll take a thousand!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 shlija

Great!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Oh, for the day that lad gets caught with his tax out by a day. Ah i can imagine they enjoyment the Garda would have lol.

Good find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I much prefer that system in england, you only have to display your tax. I hate displaying all 3 discs, makes the car look rubbish...

I much prefer that system in england, you only have to display your tax. I hate displaying all 3 discs, makes the car look rubbish...

Ah ya but they have those ANPR's, and greater access to who has what, and what car has what.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Ah ya but they have those ANPR's, and greater access to who has what, and what car has what.
    So whats the point in displaying the tax disc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

In NI you also have to display your MOT disc. Funnily enough that's not the case in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Strangely enough it's not the place of Gardaí to fix potholes either, so I'm struggling to find sense in the sticker:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Anyone know where you can get round tax disc holderslike the one pictured(without the message) . I've seen some on e-bay but they are expensive. Think they would look better on my 1985 MR2 than the big square ones.

Thanks,

T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

ninty9er wrote: »
    Strangely enough it's not the place of Gardaí to fix potholes either, so I'm struggling to find sense in the sticker:confused::confused:
    Pay tax? To who? Who do you pay tax to?
    If your'e not sure, you shouldn't pay.

Hint: it's the same people who pay the clampers and traffic wardens!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

cashmni1 wrote: »
    Pay tax? To who? Who do you pay tax to?
    If your'e not sure, you shouldn't pay.

Hint: it's the same people who pay the clampers and traffic wardens!

It's certainly not the Gardaí. It's my local authority. Nothing to do with checkpoints or enforcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

ninty9er wrote: »
    It's certainly not the Gardaí. It's my local authority. Nothing to do with checkpoints or enforcement.
    I think you get the mesage that the tax disk holder meaasge was trying to get across....if you get me....

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

DubDani wrote: »
    In NI you also have to display your MOT disc. Funnily enough that's not the case in England.
    I'm quite sure that in NI the only mandatory disc is the tax disc!

kbannon wrote: »
    So whats the point in displaying the tax disc?

I'd guess for traffic wardes/parked cars. I don't know tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

TigerTim wrote: »
    Anyone know where you can get round tax disc holderslike the one pictured(without the message) . I've seen some on e-bay but they are expensive. Think they would look better on my 1985 MR2 than the big square ones.

Thanks,

T.
    Halfords have plain ones. <y girlfriend got a pink one but they had other colours!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

kbannon wrote: »
    I'm quite sure that in NI the only mandatory disc is the tax disc!

Not since May 2008 - link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Seen a funny sticker on a twin cam last night. Durex lets burn some rubber:D Funny but better not having stuff like that it will only draw unwanted attention to your car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement