Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should weed be legal?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,332 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Mena wrote: »
    Quoted before you can fix the mistake :pac:

Yeah, I'm that bored.

Well spotted, sir! Post corrected, you may now respond.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Sean_K wrote: »
    The dutch manage it very well. Very very few would ever use, and I think they see that the benefit to the economy in terms of tourism more than outweighs any downside.
    Don't talk about the Dutch. It's too late for them. WE HAVE TO SAVE OURSELVES.

Besides the Dutch aren't Irish. That's the big difference. :pac: 'tis bad enough we're a country of alcoholics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Damn conservatives.

Pesky liberals. People are idiots who really should not be allowed to choose what harmful chemicals the should and should not put inside their bodies.
    vinylmesh wrote: »
    in which case everyone will go back to illegal weed

And be EVERYONE, you of course mean a tiny minority of society - law flaunting, of-piss smelling wasters. Well, often enough anyway.

Ban tobacco, not legalise weed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yes, fully legal, just like tobacco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Gu3rr1lla

I believe hemp should be legalised. Hemp is the best plant in the world! I dont smoke marijuana but im a big advocate of cannabis hemp. It has so many uses. You cant smoke it. It does the opposite to what marijuana does. Fuel, paper, wood, soil regeneration, can make cars out of it. Its the best sustainable crop out there. No need to cut down forests when you can grown hemp, it only takes 90 days for it to grow and you get 400% more yield in an acre than an acre of forest for paper. Its also great for your health!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

Damned hippies bringing up this topic up yet again... shouldn't you people be off giggling uncontrollably in a corner somewhere? :mad:

Damned hippies bringing up this topic up yet again... shouldn't you people be off giggling uncontrollably in a corner somewhere? :mad:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57816182&postcount=30

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

Mmmhh? Maybe not legal but there's no need for somebody to be getting into trouble over smoking weed, what harm does it do to other people not smoking it?

None at all so there's no need for it to be illegal from that point of view.

Gardai in this day and age should just turn a blind eye to it unless the person is obviously dealing it or is being a bit of a skanger/troublemaker.

PS Magic Marker - they heard of a search function but their too lazy to use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I think it should be kept illegal and loads of other legal drugs should be banned for the simple reason that I don't think AH has enough posts from people complaining about illegal drugs. We need more, damn it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

Hmmm your opinion appears to be directly opposite to mine... Could you be... my evil twin? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

It should be compulsary in the Dail, would definitely improve the shambles of a goverment we have.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/11/06/cannabis_psychosis_study/

I thought this was what this thread was about, then I read it, and it isn't, so here it is.

Cannabis does not cause any long term mental illness, it is no more harmful than tobacco, and the fact that it is illegal fuels crime.

Legalise, you may as well ban dandelions, or fecking daisies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

no

even it its just to piss off those hippy stoner guys. the stoner subculture annoys me.. but maybe if it was legal the subculture would fade into obscurity. leaving only a plant that a few wacko's used to smoke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 macdknife

Gu3rr1lla wrote: »
    I believe hemp should be legalised. Hemp is the best plant in the world! I dont smoke marijuana but im a big advocate of cannabis hemp. It has so many uses. You cant smoke it. It does the opposite to what marijuana does. Fuel, paper, wood, soil regeneration, can make cars out of it. Its the best sustainable crop out there. No need to cut down forests when you can grown hemp, it only takes 90 days for it to grow and you get 400% more yield in an acre than an acre of forest for paper. Its also great for your health!

I agree wih most of what you ay, but does the opposite of marijuana. Are you gone ****ing insane or someting. What are you talking about!

If they legalised it, the tax would be just silly. It would be way more expensive than if it stayed illegal.
    Although if they did legalise it then the tourism industry would sky rocket.
    I'm sure gay marrige and women priests will be legal here before weed though.

To the former special needs student, you really are, you deserve your own parking space. You clearly havent been to amsterdam, the last four times I went there I didnt pay any more than 40euro for a quarter of quality weed including taxes, with a proper THC level. Not the stuff here. Here the price is 100euro for a "quarter" (you never get 7grams here) and the THC level is not too bad with the good stuff, but not at the dam level. Nobody here can get that sort of weed at that price. If anybody is thinking of responding to me and contradicting that to sound like a hard man with connections... just dont bother lying, your a fool.

Back to my original point though. You sir, are a retard.
    I bid you adieu (it means goodbye)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

vinylmesh wrote: »
    There's no reason to suggest cannabis is safer than these drugs.

sorry to every one who's seen me post this before, but you should check this out.

http://www.beckleyfoundation.org/img/scale_of_harm.jpg

This group of scientists (including government advisers on drugs in the uk) spent months (possibly years) researching the various dangers of drugs and that's what they came up with.

In fact the BBC showed a documentary based on this research about a year back entitled; "Is alcohol worse than ecstasy?".

You can watch it in bits on you-tube if you want (or you could read the original paper online (i think you'd need to subscribe or something).

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=alcohol+worse+than+ecstasy&search_type=&aq=f

The simple fact is a lot of lies have been spread in the media about some drugs, especially MDMA.

On that scale of harm yokie, is there a reason why Ket has no class? Along with alcohol and tobacco etc..

Is the reason so dope heads can justify taken illegal narcotics?

First off captain dyslexic, it is not so I can justify "taken" illegal narcotics. It is because TAKING these narcotics should not be illegal to begin with.
    It is clear you are one of those conformist, close minded, accepting idiots who believe anything the government will tell you. If they told you to blow David Hasselhoff im sure you would be down on two knees with your lips wrapped around his double barrell yougurt slinger right now.

The fact that it is against the law must mean that it is wrong, how stupid of me and Rosa Parks to think otherwise. Why didnt you go and tell her that before she wasted her time refusing to stand up on that bus. Im sure all the southern rednecks would thank you, you filthy racist.

Why don't you mention that to Nelson Mandela also, seeing as you are such a wealth of knowledge. As a wise once said (that rules you out) "it is every citizens responsibility to obey the law, however, it is every citizens obligation to disobey unjust laws"

Peadophile

I'd say no, should not be legal. People are fcuking stupid and need to be protected from themselves.

You are a prime example. Judging by your standards, you should not even have the right to vote you absolutely, uneducated idiot.

Watch V for Vendetta, if you ever got into a position of power (before being fired for stupidity) that is how this country would end up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

don't smoke hash or weed but **** it sure why not?

get with the times really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I'd say no, should not be legal. People are fcuking stupid and need to be protected from themselves.

That's why we only let them have alcohol isn't it? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Shouldn't you be at home doing whatever your wife tells you while all your old friends are down in the pub having a laugh (probably at your expense) because they are not close minded fools who believe any sterotype thrown at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Just to pose another question..

Which was around first, Mary Jane or Alcohol?

I would hazard a guess that Mary Jane was, may be not by much, but I would also think that the deaths associated with each would be heavily in favour of Alcohol. A cruel and anger provoking drug that the government make money on and spend money on tidying up after it.

There's a lot of angst in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

There's a lot of angst in this thread.

Everyone needs to grab a bit of the green and kick back to a little Miles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Gu3rr1lla

macdknife wrote: »
    I agree wih most of what you ay, but does the opposite of marijuana. Are you gone ****ing insane or someting. What are you talking about!

Yes it does! Marijuana is high in THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) - which makes people "high" whereas Hemp contains another cannabinoid called CBD (cannabidiol) which has the opposite effect - it doesnt make someone "high" but instead awakens the brain and the nervous system. If you were to smoke the equivilent of 13 cigerettes containing Hemp it would be like taking laxative! The amount of fiber in hemp will make anyone **** not get "high"! lol!

This is why marijuana growers go to great lengths to seperate their crops from hemp crops because if they cross pollinate it decreases the potency of the THC. For example, if you have marijuana with 30% THC and only like 1% CBD that amount of CBD will cancel out the effect of THC. Same with the company Green Giant and their sweet corn. If their sweet corn gets cross pollinated with any other corn it decreases its sweetness.

Its actually very immature that governments do not recognise the differences between marijuana and industrial hemp. Its like poppyseeds on bagels and opium. Hemp can change an economy around completely. We wouldnt have had developed so much if it wasnt for cannabis. The bible was written on hemp paper. The declaration of independence (americas & irelands) was written on hemp paper. Thomas Jefferson owned acreages of hemp farms. Just shows the irony of it. During World War II, 6 years after making it illegal, the American government started a propaganda campaign encouraging farmers to grow hemp. They wouldnt have won the war without it.

Sean_K wrote: »
    Everyone needs to grab a bit of the green and kick back to a little Miles

It does seem odd that people are so angsty. Maybe they're starting to come down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Plugged In

Some interesting points being made in this thread! There seems to be a lot of people with strong opinions on the matter.
    I hope people will be able to come to voice their opinions in person.
    Cheers :)

Hmmm your opinion appears to be directly opposite to mine... Could you be... my evil twin? :eek:

You have an opinion....??! Would be interested in listening to it; and also what you're scared of and why you tolerate legal drug usage...
    towel401 wrote: »
    no

even it its just to piss off those hippy stoner guys. the stoner subculture annoys me.. but maybe if it was legal the subculture would fade into obscurity. leaving only a plant that a few wacko's used to smoke

"Subculture"...? Elaborate, please....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Anyone who wants to get their hands on some weed will most likely find a way of getting it, I mean its not like there aren't thousands of people smoking it up and down the country every day, so I don't think legalisation will mean that many more people are going to smoke.

What it would mean however is that money would go to the state rather than drug dealers, a legal age-limit would make it harder for kids to get their hands on weed than it is now and the weed and resin sold could be controlled and checked for any chemicals like the sh1te that goes into resin now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

OP? Yes...

Alcohol can be a lot more lethal. In more ways than one.

Some will say that cannibis is carcenagenic. Yet if you use a vaporiser this will eliminate that.

Cannibis is also linked to schitzofrenia I believe? (excuse the mispelling)

Cannibis may also contribute to being lazy?

I do believe it should be made legal, although regulated very very tightly. Imagine the revenue the government would make on taxing of the drug.

You cannot compare cannibus to other drugs such as mdna or the likes.

I do tolerate cannibis as it is a plant, grows natural and does not contain chemicals. Hashish on the other hand may contain other ingredients which can be harmful. I cannot see this drug being legalised any time soon, although I have heard that it has been made legal in WN in the states?

Advertisement