Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 Freezing

• 06-11-2008 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭

Howya,

Have a 360 that keeps on freezing me and I need to reboot to fix it. No RROD....yet (have had 3 already with warrenty repair). Just updated my system as I rarely am connected to xbox live and it seems to have started happening after I did that (about a week ago).
    Is there a 'roll back' function like there is in windows xp? or does anyone have any recommendations or tips?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

same was happening mine 2 weeks ago..keep tryign it, it will red ring eventually. mine is on it's way to germany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

the end is nigh!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry but freezing is always the first sign of an impending rrod :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Ah Sh!te,

my only problem now is to actually is for the console to go RROD so I can call in the warranty, any suggestions apart from putting it on the heater??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

duploelabs wrote: »
    Ah Sh!te,

my only problem now is to actually is for the console to go RROD so I can call in the warranty, any suggestions apart from putting it on the heater??

Leave it on non-stop for a few days, or wrap a towel round it when you have it on. That'll fook it up for sure! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Turn it on, play until it freezes, when it does: turn it off, disconnect the power cable, the av cable and the hard drive plus any thing else. Leave it sit for 20 seconds, plug back in the power cable and av cable only, turn it on.... you should have the rrod now.

Worked for mine anyways. I could play for about 5 mins, it would freeze, I'd restart and play for another five mins. After I disconnected everything and plugged everything back in, it went to rrod so I rang MS then and told them "rrod -its ****ed".

I tried it occassionally before they send me the shipping labels and it worked fine for 5 mins and froze (but always after disconnecting everything and reconnecting it, i got the rrod). Maybe it'll work for you too.

Freezing is the first sign of rrod.

• Advertisement

Still no joy on getting the RROD, never thought I'd hear myself wanting to get one but you know how cr@p MS XBOX service department are.
    Just going to leave it on overnight in it's frozen state and hopefully that'll work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

NiSmO wrote: »

Well what would he do with a receipt if he had one, it being out of warranty and all? ;)

Call Microsoft. They should offer to repair it for a fee. Don't know how much mind you.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Still no joy on getting the RROD, never thought I'd hear myself wanting to get one but you know how cr@p MS XBOX service department are.
    Just going to leave it on overnight in it's frozen state and hopefully that'll work

i wouldn't leave it on in frozen state. nothing i happening in the box at that time. i know it's a pain in the ass, but i'd keep rebooting then playing till it froze. it's the buildup of heat in the box that is cuasing the lockup so you want it running full pwoer to make sure the heat is highest

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

NiSmO wrote: »

You should have a 3 Year warranty with the RROD just got my last "free" one there (This is my 4th xbox in 3 years :D)

• Advertisement

ok, even though my console is on it's way to a RROD, MS won't honour the warrenty even though it was last back with them in april (on it's 3rd RROD). They rang me to say that they will give me 75% of an out of warrenty repair!!!!!!
    I feel so lucky....what a shower of c*nts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

This happened to me a few weeks back when I tried to download the demo for PES2009. Had to go into the memory settings and delete the incomplete data. Hasn't frozen since.

although it's a pain in the ass, just keep restarting and loading a game until it freezes, it'll eventually RROD. took me a few days, but it got there

Advertisement