Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fifa 09 League (serious edition!)

• 06-11-2008 6:20pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We have already had a few Fifa 09 leagues which have had various levels of success.

I've started a new league on Fifa 09 on the XBox 360 and I am looking for people who want to join.

Here are a few ideas I have in mind.

-Players must be free to play 1-2 matches per week (2 maximum) against predetermined opponents. It's up to players to arrange a time and date with each other. I think one of the reasons so many leagues fail is that some players will finish all their games by the time other will have played a couple of games (not too realistic).

-Longer games. I'm not talking about 20-minutes a side, but longer than the normal 5-min per half matches.

-Players must commit to finishing the league, regardless of previous results. Again, a problem with other leagues-someone loses their first 5 matches and they don't bother finishing it.

-At the end of each week, we can post the results here and anyone that cares to write a match report is free to do so :D

The league will run for about 8 weeks and will ideally have about 10 players.

So anyone want to join? Any comments or suggestions, feel free to post!

List of Players
    1) FutureGuy
    2) Jerichoholic
    3) Mr Moon
    4) Y2J_MUFC
    5) Moiph
    6) King Nothing
    7) Wandatowell
    8) Mister Robinson
    9) Sparky360
    10) RainyFace
    11) BennyC
    12) Reganovski

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'll do it. I've played all my games on the other league that are possible, or in other words with players in the league that actually accept the league games. Please give me a decent team though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm going to make teams unique in the league, and players can select any club team they want So everyone should be able to select a 5-star team if they choose. So, in short, no bad teams :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Yeah go on! I'm happy enough with the controls now after changing from PES to join a league!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I'm in... i find it hard to get people online (even for my own league!)

RichieMUFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

I would......Only my xbox is gone for repair:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Count me in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Oh definitely count me in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Im in defo

7 players already, looking like we are going to have a good league going.

The deadline for entries is Midnight on Monday 10th November 2008.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Me please :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

hell yeah! The Dunne is my game tag

Paddy

9 and counting.

While we are here, I'd like to hear players opinions on different ideas...

It looks like we may have far more than the 10 I expected...is everyone happy with 16 teams playing twice (30 matches, 3 per week over 10 weeks?)

I'm going to organise game nights were we all know that if we log in at a certain time, other players should be there. What times suit best? Of course, players do not have to play their games at that exact time. Any time that suits the two players is fine.

Is 7 minutes per half fine for everyone?

With unique teams and lots of players, it's obvious that some people are not going to get the exact team that they are used to. I also do not believe that teams should be first come, first serve. So what I think is the best idea is that everyone send me their 3 preferred teams via PM. I'll randomly assign teams to players. I'll make sure that everyone is happy with their team before we proceed. There are plenty of top teams so shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

Yeah stick me down too.
    GT: Rainyface

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Will you stick me in too

bennycon

11 players now. I'm going to cap the league at 20 teams so once that has been reached, I will not be accepting any more entries.

On Tuesday, I will be doing the draw for the teams. The league will then begin on 12 a.m. on Friday 14th November. On that day, I will be sending the password for the league to all players via PM. This will give players the opportunity to get used to their new team and players.

The first set of fixtures will also be posted on Friday. I will post the first 3 sets of games, and all players are expected to have completed their 3 games by Midnight on the following Friday. On Saturday, I will post the next round of fixtures.

I would advise that everyone contact their opponents to organise their games in advance.

Finally, this league is all about showing how much fun we can have with a well organized event. While it will be competative, quitting games and other general poor sportsmanship won't be tolerated. :cool:

One more thing...
    If this goes well, I am going to run a second league right after this one. To add some extra competativeness to our first league, I will let everyone in on the plan going forward...the top half of the league will be invited into the Boards Premierleague for the next season, and the bottom half will be invited into the Boards Championship. Not only will players be scrapping for every goal and point this year, we will have 2 leagues next year with teams of similar skill levels. Promotion and relegation will come into effect from season 2 onwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Count me in please --- Reganovski :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Me too please! Tag is Knackerdwarf

Red Ring of Death for me this evening...of all the lousy timing...

I'm going to head back to Smyths in the morning and see what they can do for me...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

/me plays Gears of war 2 for the time being :p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Skippy65

If theres still places can i join? Tryin to play in a decent league for ages! GT is GREENHAWK88

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Shame about the rrod Future Guy, hope you get it sorted soon. Great ideas about the 2 leagues though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Count me in please.

Same as a previous poster, just switched from Pro Evo to FIFA and still trying to get used to the different gameplay. Getting there though.

Gamertag: BATESY2007

OK, the xbox is being sent away for repair as Smyths cant be bothered replacing it.

So in the meantime, please send me your preferred team selections and I will start working on getting everything in place.

All this will be worth the extra wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Garball

im in.gamer tag is garball1

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Garball

forgot to leave my perfered teams.#1 manchester united.#2 inter milan.#3 barcelona.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

Stick us in please........gamertag is Marshjem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

yeah im in add me ill play in either league hope i got in in time.

1 Liverpool
    2 Anyone else once there decent

Gamertag..Seany834

I cannot seem to edit the original post so here is the new one. 3 spaces remain.

1) FutureGuy
    2) Jerichoholic
    3) Mr Moon
    4) Y2J_MUFC
    5) Moiph
    6) King Nothing
    7) Wandatowell
    8) Mister Robinson
    9) Sparky360
    10) RainyFace
    11) BennyC
    12) Reganovski
    13) Batesy
    14) Skippy65
    15) Garball
    16) Gaz15
    17) VinylJunkie
    18) M83
    19) Cadogs
    20) Bubs
    21) Soby
    22) Mika27

From the teams that people want to play, most are going for Manchester United...what a shocker! Remember, if you choose a team that no one else has picked, you have a better chance of getting a team you want right away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I have a change of mind well sort of

1) Liverpool
    2) Aston Villa (Ashley Young is savage)
    3) Anyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

Oh yeah 3 teams.... Inter, Chelsea or France if we can pick internationals!

Advertisement