Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fifa 09 League (serious edition!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Ta,
    (fingers crossed)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Thanks, but give Moz my place, my copy of Fifa still hasnt come yet, so if it comes today, and you get a 28th person, then im in, if not i'll get in next Season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Looking forward to this!! I just hope that everyone will play their games!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Mr. Moon,
    It's like this...if they don't they wont be allowed back next season. This league is a trial in so many ways...the two main ones are

1) to prove the ability of each player irrespective of team selection
    2) to prove the integrity of each player

I'm allowing a little flexibility here...some people may have holidays etc, but anyone that stops playing games without a very good reason can play elsewhere next season.

It all starts tomorrow! The fixture list will be posted tonight, and the password for the leaue will be posted here tomorrow morning.

Good luck everyone!

BOARDS.IE FIFA 2009 LEAGUE SYSTEM

Season 1: Boards Qualifying League

Introduction:
    The Boards Qualifying League (BQL) is the first in a series of leagues organized exclusively for the users of the boards.ie forum who possess an Xbox360 games console.

Outline:
    -The BQL will run for a period of 6 weeks. Each week will run from 9 am Friday of one week to 9 am Friday of the following week.
    -The league will commence Friday November 14 at 9 am.
    -Each player will play a maximum of 4 games per game week. It is up to each individual player to make sure that they do not exceed this limit.
    -Each team will face each other once. This means players will play approximately 24-26 games, depending on final league numbers.
    -Games will last for 14 minutes (7 minutes each half).

Team Selection:
    Players are limited to selecting CLUB TEAMS. No national sides are allowed. Players have become accustomed to playing certain club teams, and in order to determine the skill of each player for the purpose of determining rank for subsequent seasons, players can choose whichever club team they wish. Therefore, results will be based on skill and knowledge of the game, and not what team you were assigned to at the start of the league.

From next season onwards, however, team selection will be based on your final standing from season 1 and teams will be unique. This will add balance to all subsequent leagues.

Sportsmanship/Conduct:
    By signing up to this league, players are committing to finish all games in the league.

Players are expected up play to the best of their ability, and any collusion by one or more players to alter the natural result of any game/games will not be tolerated.

Games are to be played in good spirit. Any players who feel that their opponents are playing the game in an unsporting manner (constantly taking the last man out, showboating unnecessarily etc) can report that player via PM to myself. All complaints will be treated anonymously.

Players are responsible for their own internet connections. For example, if your connection fails when you are winning 5-0 and you are given a loss as is automatically administered by the FIFA league software, you must accept that result without question.

Disconnecting on purpose due to an impending heavy defeat will not be tolerated.

Any players who are found to be in violation of any of the above rules will not be asked back for future leagues. I reserve the right to not invite a player to subsequent leagues if I judge that they are not upholding the principles of the league (commitment, fair play and friendship).

Promotion/Relegation:
    The main goal of the BQL is to rank players based on their ability to play the game. At the end of the season, the top 50% of players will be invited to join the Boards Premiership while the remaining players will be invited to join the Boards Championship.

At the end of the season, new players may ask to join the Boards leagues and others may drop out. New places will be awarded to teams at that time.

Fixtures:
    As stated, players will play 4 games each week. The fixture list will be available every Thursday night. Players must adhere to these fixtures and must not play any fixtures outside of those listed. Players may use this forum to arrange game times between each other. Alternatively, players can use the league lobby to find players on their fixture list. However, arranging fixtures beforehand is highly recommended.

Results/Reports:
    All results are expected to be posted to the special results thread. This will allow a hassle-free way to track all results and will allow for the formation of a league table. All players are encouraged to write match reports for some of the more exciting games. I will be awarding a prize at the end of the season to the player who does the best job in this respect. Based on these reports alone, I will be choosing the player of the week and the goal of the week. When writing these reports, players are asked to adhere to the usual boards.ie posting rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

yaaa!

Well done FutureGuy, I really appreciate all the effort that you've put into this, I know what it's like to organise an online league! Thanks

Now, let the games commence.... who's going to give me my first hammering????? :P Just kidding, you're all going down etc.... :D

It would be great if everyone could mic up for these games too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Excellent work FutureGuy, looking forward to a good league now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Skippy65

Well done futureguy! Im sure everyone appreciates the effort.

• Advertisement

What's everyone's GT's? So I can start adding you's!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Mr Moon wrote: »
    What's everyone's GT's? So I can start adding you's!!
    Deliverance XXV

Knackerdwarf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

livelyjojo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Reganovski :-) .........and no I'm not Russian or Polish :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

The Batman IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

Marshjem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

BATESY2007

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

towellers

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Garball

garball1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Mister Robanson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

bennycon

Hi all,
    Ok I have encountered a small delay, but we still should be ok for tomorrows start.

I got a loan of an xbox for the weekend so I can set up the league for you all, but I have to get the internet PPPoE password for my internet connection which I will have in the morning. I thought all that info should have been on my hard drive, but alas, no.

So, to sum up things...
    Fixtures will now be posted along with the password early tomorrow night. I'm hgoping to have everything ready for 6 pm tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Thanks future guy for all your work

GT: Seany834

Quick update...

Should be ready to rock around 7:30 tonight, so check back here for fixture information and passwords!

When you join, please add me straight away - Garak001

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

FutureGuy wrote: »
    please ass me straight away - Garak001

LOL there will be none of that carry on :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

When you join, please ass me straight away - Garak001

I knew this league was to good to be true :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

When you join, please ass me straight away - Garak001

Ummm....... is it too late to back out!?!?! lol

Gamertag: RichieMUFC

Should be on around 7.30... I have only played one game of fifa this week and about 40 games of Pro Evo after buying Pro Evo last week with a voucher. Uh oh.

Reganovski wrote: »
    LOL there will be none of that carry on :-)

Worst typo ever...of course I meant to write "Please" instead of "please" . :D

And with that lovely image all stuck in your heads, I hope to see many of ye later. I need to get my 4 games in this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Are we being assigned certain people to play each week? Or do we just play whoever is online at the time? My gamertag is BassmanMurph85

Advertisement