Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fifa 09 League (serious edition!)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Here are the details...best of luck everyone!!! Let the league begin!

League name Boards Season 1
    Abbreviation BQL
    Password: qualify

FIXTURES
    To get things off to a great start, I'm allowing people to play whomever they wish for their first 4 games!!! This will get some results on the boards tonight!!! Remember...only play 4 games between now and next Friday!

Post all results and reports on the new thread on the Xbox forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Added a few of ye there. I'll be on after the Galway utd match if anyone wants a pre season friendly. I'm gonna pick them as my team if they stay up :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I'm getting incorrect password here? :(

Edit: Its ok got it, I was entering it in capitals, its lower case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Octavarin
    CKWPORT
    Moz

I have all 3 of you on standby. I am not sure what the maximum league size is but I think its 25. If it is, then I think I'll have to leave it at 24. If its higher, then I'll get back to ye. I'd prefer to have an even number of teams so Moz, I'm hoping another person enters the league as you are no 27.

so was there room for us three in the end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

i think there was. League is for 28 people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

CKWPORT wrote: »
    so was there room for us three in the end?

Hope so. I've just played my first game :eek: (and lost by a very late goal :rolleyes:)

moz
    GT: livelyjojo

yes, sorry, all 3 players on standby are invited to the league, with room for one more.

yes, sorry, all 3 players on standby are invited to the league, with room for one more.

Great, cheers, i will be on shortly for a game so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Sorry there FutureGuy, you just invited me to a match but I'm dying for the bog....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Garball

garball v bates
    0 1

garball v digitalmoose
    4 3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Rainyface 2-4 DJ DigitalMoose

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

DJ DigitalMoose 7-0 Marshjem

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

Rainyface 2-4 DJ DigitalMoose

Liverpool V Man Utd

Liverpool started off well with an 18th minute goal from Fernando Torres. Excellent Goal Celebration followed with an amazing sommersault followed by Fernando "El Nino" Torres falling flat on his arse. What a legend.

Man U fought back and pulled ahead at half time with a 2-1 advantage. Cant remember who scored but it was probably that insulant child Ronaldo or something - who cares. Anyway, Man U went 3-1 up despite a few chances for liverpool - Robbie Keane missed a 1 on 1 sitter against the keeper (Surprise Surprise) - Should have dropped him for Kuyt.

Man U went 4-1 up after about 70 minutes. Liverpool finished strong with a late goal by Stevie G. Dont know what they are feeding those guys because Stevie ended up falling on his hole after the goal celebration... Damn missed time press of the "A" button me thinks! Ah well, at least it looked cool.

Well done Digital Moose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

my gamertag is The Dunne

I havent played any matches so if someone wants to arrange one, add me and we can organise one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

sparky360 wrote: »
    my gamertag is The Dunne

I havent played any matches so if someone wants to arrange one, add me and we can organise one!!

I'd be up for joining, gamertag MackerelMan.

Available to play after the United match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

keen wrote: »
    I'd be up for joining, gamertag MackerelMan.

Available to play after the United match.

Same here,Just watching the match and should be on then

GUYS, ALL 28 entries to the league have now been filled...the players listed on the list of 24, the 3 players on the reserved list and "keen" are the only players allowed. If you are not the list and join, you will be booted...sorry but it's only fair to those that put their name down.

I cant connect to xbox live :(

Fails a the xbox live test on network test.

An ideas?

I resetted my modem and router and nothing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I cant connect to xbox live :(

Fails a the xbox live test on network test.

An ideas?

I resetted my modem and router and nothing :(

Check the cables i.e. plug them in and out or swap cable with PC cable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Joined the league just there, hope to get a few games played tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

GUYS, ALL 28 entries to the league have now been filled...the players listed on the list of 24, the 3 players on the reserved list and "keen" are the only players allowed. If you are not the list and join, you will be booted...sorry but it's only fair to those that put their name down.

Can you stick me down for a reserve spot if someone drops out or isnt showing up for their matches, you can send me a pm if theres a spot and ill jump in.

Gamer Tag: Irish Wolverine

Cheers

I should be on tonight for a few matches.

Stuck in work now :(

I have 2 more games to play this week, so i should be on today if any one is up for a game...

I think I should be back in action week 3/4. If noone has any complaints, I'm going to get my gameweek 2 matches played tonight. Anyone that plays me can still play their 4 matches, but can only play 3 next week. These games will not be entered until gameweek 1 is finished.

Axwell wrote: »
    Can you stick me down for a reserve spot if someone drops out or isnt showing up for their matches, you can send me a pm if theres a spot and ill jump in.

Gamer Tag: Irish Wolverine

Cheers

NP Axwell, will keep in mind.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

NP Axwell, will keep in mind.

Nice one cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I was away for the weekend but I'll be on this evening and for most of the rest of the week if any one wants a game.

I still have all 4 to play this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Right, half way through the week. What do people think of 4 games a week? I got carried away on Friday and played 6 :D I won't play my other 2 till next week. But do people think we should play as many games as you like, then look at it again in 2 weeks to see what fixtures remain?
    I have no problem with sticking to 4 games a week but I play alot and am frustrated I can't play anymore this week.

Any opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Is there a set limit as to how many times members can play against each other?

Haven't created a league myself so don't know how it works. Do we play each member twice?

• Advertisement

This is just my opinion, but if we allow people to play as many as they like, you will find people many people will have played their 27 games within 2 weeks and many people will just not bother playing their games because of this.

There are a number of people that still haven't played a game. By limiting it to 4 games per week, it will allow the tension to build as we hit the final 2 weeks. And those 2 weeks, where everyone is scrapping for every point to get into the Premiership, are going to be filled with nerveracking, tense games. Exactly what people want from a league.

Advertisement