Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fifa 09 League (serious edition!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

To be fair to him, playing against Man U all the time is a little annoying, and a bit of a chore. I'm in the same boat, I'm not going to win a game at this rate.

I agree it might be annoying for you or whoever, but those are the rules of the league in fairness. Its annoying if the other person quits at any point, especially when you've been waiting for ages....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I agree it might be annoying for you or whoever, but those are the rules of the league in fairness. Its annoying if the other person quits at any point, especially when you've been waiting for ages....

In fairness, I had no idea how long you were waiting.

I probably do owe an apology to Garabald. I did run off like a little girl. I just hate playing Man Utd all the time. It's bad enough with Chelsea let alone Udinese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

If you don't like playing against United, I think you are in the wrong league.

**** it why not just call it the utd league so???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I think some of ye are missing the point.

The whole idea of this 1st season is to gauge the ability of each player by allowing them to use the team they would normally use (most comfortable with).
    Then the players with the least ability will have 1st choice of teams next season therfor making the league more fair. Next season everyone will be assigned a unique team.

The rules said you could pick whoever you wanted for season 1 so its not anyones fault but your own if your didn't pick you prefered team.

I know playing against Utd every game is a pain but it's only for season 1 so stop moaning and get on with.

**** it why not just call it the utd league so???

Lets call it that so if that makes you happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

In fairness, I think there are only 12 of the 28 players using Utd, that's less than half!!

Good game m8! I thought it was a very very tight game with cracking battles in the midfield. I pride myself on my defending but sometimes I just make some stupid mistakes that cost me games or silly needless goals. When you hit the post my heart was in my mouth and I was shaking for about 2 minutes after it!

It was the most intense game I've ever played and I was still shaking after the game so much so I had to go and have a cigarette!!

Can't wait to play you again in the next league!! Out for revenge (game should've been a draw :p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Turned on Fifa this morning and it asked me to update the game. Not sure if it's the official patch. It took really quick to download. Played 1 game but didn't notice anything different.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Mr Moon wrote: »
    It was the most intense game I've ever played and I was still shaking after the game...

So I'm not the only one then :p I normally only get this nervy when I'm watching an important United game! I have had alot of close games, and my neves are usually shot after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Can i join? My friend wanst to play too,
    Nedved85 and trevoraj

• Advertisement

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Can i join? My friend wanst to play too,
    Nedved85 and trevoraj

Hi Nedved,
    Unfortunately the league is completely full up at 28 players. We are waiting on a final person to join, but even if he doesn't, there is a guy on standby waiting to take that place.

As you probably see, there will be 2 divisions next year, and I will keep 2 spots for ye if ye want them (please note that the league isn't open to non-boardsies, so make sure that your friend is a part of this forum, if he isn't already). We should be finished this league by Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Thanks, No problem,ill keep an eye out next time :)

FutureGuy wrote: »
    So I'm not the only one then :p I normally only get this nervy when I'm watching an important United game! I have had alot of close games, and my neves are usually shot after them.

Good thing my mic was off when he scored his late winner, I think the neighbours probably heard me!! :o

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Good thing my mic was off when he scored his late winner, I think the neighbours probably heard me!! :o

I can't play any 1 on 1 fifa game with my mic turned on. Otherwise the other guy would only hear "AH FFS!! THIS IS RAPE!!" every time something dodgy happens, or some bad luck goes against me!

lol, I normally refrain from using the mic, but I was playing the most obnoxious American guy last night who thought he was God's gift to FIFA but after 15 minutes, it was obvious he was not. After listening to enough Irish jibes, I took him apart and absolutely berated him :) Very VERY satisfying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

FutureGuy wrote: »
    lol, I normally refrain from using the mic, but I was playing the most obnoxious American guy last night who thought he was God's gift to FIFA but after 15 minutes, it was obvious he was not. After listening to enough Irish jibes, I took him apart and absolutely berated him :) Very VERY satisfying.

Think I came across the same guy! Pikey and various other insults came (Irish can't afford a mic, etc), thinking I had no mic and couldn't hear him. Promptly stuck 2 early goals past him, where I turned my mic on and started singing 'you're not singing any more!!'. Wasn't long before he quit!

Yeah, same thing happened me (albeit a few months ago on fifa 08). Some American lad started giving out that I scored a "fag goal" and he was going to "crush me 5-1".

I waited until I scored my second so the win was safe (so I wouldn't have to eat my words) and then I abused the crap outta him. He didn't know where I was from, so he started slagging England, then Spain (wtf?!?), and he couldn't name any more countries after that...

He had the most annoying voice I've ever heard, sounded like some weird sort of she-male.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

I found the Americans to whinge more then any other players, always blaming their bad result on something but themselves.

lol, anyways back on topic I guess...we should all respect our American cousins :P

Make sure everyone posts all their results on the Week 1 thread along with your Pld/W/L/D/F/A/Pts info for your first 4 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Stick me down for next season, championship or whatever. I'm muck but would like to be involved.

guess I better start practising with Reading & Wolves ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

just to tell you all i have a damn american flag over my user name as i registered with hotmail when i was living in america and now when i linked my xbox accout to it i cant getthat bloody flag off it! damn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

stevoman wrote: »
    just to tell you all i have a damn american flag over my user name as i registered with hotmail when i was living in america and now when i linked my xbox accout to it i cant getthat bloody flag off it! damn!

I'm the same, was disgusted when I saw the flag!

If you change your hotmail location would that change your flag? I guess you've tried this already. Bit of a pain in the hole being stuck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Yeah, same thing happened me (albeit a few months ago on fifa 08). Some American lad started giving out that I scored a "fag goal" and he was going to "crush me 5-1".

Aw come on man, "fag" goals don't count. It's in the FIFA manifesto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Had a sweet 4-2 win over someone as utd having been 2 nil down.Forget who it was.Im sure they know who they are:p.First game in the league too so a good start:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

If you change your hotmail location would that change your flag? I guess you've tried this already. Bit of a pain in the hole being stuck with it.

Yeah tried this, I even rang microsoft about it months ago but they said i'd have to make a new gamertag and I didn't want to lose my gamer points so I'm stuck with it :mad:

Quick question lads,

After you score a goal how the hell do you get back to the game without having to do a celebration????? I've tried a button mashing, everything.
    Dont want people thinking im gloating after i score ya know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Quick question lads,

After you score a goal how the hell do you get back to the game without having to do a celebration????? I've tried a button mashing, everything.
    Dont want people thinking im gloating after i score ya know?

LB and RB together.

keen wrote: »
    LB and RB together.

Cheeers keeno

• Advertisement

mika27 wrote: »
    Yeah tried this, I even rang microsoft about it months ago but they said i'd have to make a new gamertag and I didn't want to lose my gamer points so I'm stuck with it :mad:

Thats pretty crap in fairness. There'd be no overhead involved in changing the thing!! I had to make a new gamertag when my credit card was linked to my old tag and it was canceled. Started from 0 again after having about 9,000... I know its only for show but its a tremendously large pain in the rectal cavity.

I wish work was over so I could play my final game of the week...

Advertisement