Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fifa 09 League (serious edition!)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Axwell wrote: »
    Can you stick me down for a reserve spot if someone drops out or isnt showing up for their matches, you can send me a pm if theres a spot and ill jump in.

Gamer Tag: Irish Wolverine

Cheers

Axwell

PM sent...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

So are we getting select fixtures this week rather than playing whoever is online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Not for game week 2 (21st Nov 9pm to 28th Nov 9pm) I think the plan is to plan 5 games game week 2 against whoever is online.

From game week 3 there will be fixtures, or at least, thats my understanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Can someone send me an invite to the club again? I'm not sure how to get back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Dave-Morro

Only after seeing this thread now (haven't accually read the thread)

Just wondering if theres any FIFA09 leagues I can join now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Been having serious problems here for the past week.

Everytime I try to play a league game one of two things happens:

1. On the club select screen I'll get a message saying the session is no longer available. The other person gets this too, no matter how quickly the invite is accepted.
    2. We'll get to the little arena loading screen before the game, but my xbox locks up and freezes and I have to do a hard reset. Again the other person gets the same thing.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this? It has been happening for the past week or so no matter what time of day. I've also checked firewalls/ports etc and there's no problems there. Could NXE have fecked up my xbox?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Future Guy,

How is next week going to work with fixtures? A lot of players have played over the 8 games they were supposed to!

Is it just going to be a free for all till the league is over??

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Future Guy,

How is next week going to work with fixtures? A lot of players have played over the 8 games they were supposed to!

Is it just going to be a free for all till the league is over??

lol, I was looking at that last night. I *had* to play my games a week in advance as i only have a loan of my Xbox until I get my own back from Red Ring Land. But I see others have played over the 9 which makes it tough to sort out fixtures. Not a whole lot I can do about that only to plead with people not to play.

I will ask people again NOT to play over the 9 games for this week as it makes it harder to plan the league :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Been having serious problems here for the past week.

Everytime I try to play a league game one of two things happens:

1. On the club select screen I'll get a message saying the session is no longer available. The other person gets this too, no matter how quickly the invite is accepted.
    2. We'll get to the little arena loading screen before the game, but my xbox locks up and freezes and I have to do a hard reset. Again the other person gets the same thing.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this? It has been happening for the past week or so no matter what time of day. I've also checked firewalls/ports etc and there's no problems there. Could NXE have fecked up my xbox?

You mention ports/firewall but anyway. Whats your NAT type ? Make sure its not 'Strict'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Sorry, I was one of those who played a game extra this week. Just lost count a little :o
    I'm having to write down who I've played and the scores as I was starting to lose track (I still can't remember who beat me 3-1 in wk 1).
    A fixture list from next week on would make life a whole lot easier.

Also, what do y'all think about upping the games played each week to 6. This way we can finish the league a week before it all gets mental at Christmas?

moz
    GT: livelyjojo
    P / W / L / D / F / A / PTS
    10 / 2 / 8 / 0 / 8 / 25 / 6

• Advertisement

moz wrote: »
    Sorry, I was one of those who played a game extra this week. Just lost count a little :o
    I'm having to write down who I've played and the scores as I was starting to lose track (I still can't remember who beat me 3-1 in wk 1).
    A fixture list from next week on would make life a whole lot easier.

Also, what do y'all think about upping the games played each week to 6. This way we can finish the league a week before it all gets mental at Christmas?

moz
    GT: livelyjojo
    P / W / L / D / F / A / PTS
    10 / 2 / 8 / 0 / 8 / 25 / 6

Shame on you! :D

I have had alot of people PMing be asking to lift the gameweek restriction so we call all just play whenever, but then to revert to full fixture list for the Premierleague/Championship.

With a player quitting and the system not saving all game results (so I am missing goal difference data), I'm beginning to think we should just play all our games and get cracking as soon as possible with the main leagues?

Opinions?

Edit: By the way guys, I'm enjoying playing all of you, whether I'm winning 5-0 or losing 0-6, I have enjoyed every single minute. So thanks to all who are playing the league in good spirit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

FutureGuy wrote: »

I have had alot of people PMing be asking to lift the gameweek restriction so we call all just play whenever, but then to revert to full fixture list for the Premierleague/Championship.

With a player quitting and the system not saving all game results (so I am missing goal difference data), I'm beginning to think we should just play all our games and get cracking as soon as possible with the main leagues?

Opinions?

I would be up for playing all games when you can and then look at it at the end of next week and see who needs to play who! But defo for the premiership/championship, we should stick to certain amount of games a week. (I've been good this week, played only 2 to make the 8 games in total :D)

I havent tried it but what happens if i try and play someone who i have already play? Does it not let you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Opinions?

Ya i think we should play em all too, and then start the main leagues!

But we definitely need fixtures for the main leagues...

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Ya i think we should play em all too, and then start the main leagues!

But we definitely need fixtures for the main leagues...

It's going to be alot easier next year when everyone has different teams :) Instead of everyone having a Boards name AND a gamer tag, we can just have fixtures using team names.

I have some software which will randomly generate the seasons fixtures so we will know the entire fixtures from day 1 :)

Reganovski wrote: »
    I havent tried it but what happens if i try and play someone who i have already play? Does it not let you?

It says you have already played this person, so don't worry about playing someone twice.

Because Soby quit, Axwell (Irish Wolverine) will take his place...since Sobys results stand, anyone that has played Soby MUST avoid playing Axwell. Those people are...

Deliverance XXV-king nothing
    R0nBurgundee-Mika27
    Towellers-wandatowell
    RichieMUFC-Y2JMUFC
    VinylJunkie-seany834
    Gaz15- Marshjem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

It's going to be alot easier next year when everyone has different teams :) Instead of everyone having a Boards name AND a gamer tag, we can just have fixtures using team names.

I have some software which will randomly generate the seasons fixtures so we will know the entire fixtures from day 1 :)

Sounds Good!!

looking forward to it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Does the new season start once this league has finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

Also in favour of just playing all games whenever we can.
    Maybe toward the end we can organise the last few remaining games.

So does that mean we can go ahead and start playing the rest of em?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Rainyface wrote: »

+1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Rainyface wrote: »
    Maybe toward the end we can organise the last few remaining games.

So does that mean we can go ahead and start playing the rest of em?

+2

• Advertisement

I like the idea of having fixtures. Otherwise its just going to more than likely break down into chaos and some people will lose interest.

If one person doesn't finish their games, then we are all screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »

If one person doesn't finish their games, then we are all screwed.

Considering it's coming up to serious exam time in UCD, if you open up the floodgates me and almost certainly a few other are going to fall behind

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭bonkers

ok ive read thru this thread but just looking for a recap in what i need to do to get involved..

gamertag - endakenny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

I'd be in favour of playing all games whenever as well. I've had my 9 games played since friday and I'm dyin to play the next game :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

I don't really see the fixture list working. It's just that whenever I'm online, there's usually only one or two others on with me. It's gonna be so hard and annoying to go by a fixture list next season in terms of having to organise a game. What if i'm working a night shift and they are working days? It's gonna be a real nightmare.
    Just my two cents, any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

i think it should be a free for all.

also one suggestion from me about next year league is that we should have divisions and a smaller number of tems in each league. say 12 in each league table. then the leagues will fly by and lads can get promoted or relegated quicker!

As stated, we are splitting the league into 2 leagues next year which means 2 x 13-14 team leagues.

I have had alot of interest from players wanting to join. I want to get everyones opinion as to how they are entered into the league? My thoughts.

In the final gameweek, run a small 1-week league for the interested people. Top half go to premier, bottom to championship...however, those people get last pick in their division for the next year.

I may even have to look at either adding a third league or just having a cap ofr X players, and people will have to drop out before a new person joins. I'm looking at X=40 at the moment.

I think I'm going to finish slightly below halfway in the qualifying, but I cannot wait for next season when I get to play, and attempt to master, a team I may never have played with in all my years of Fifa! While the Championships will have the Man Uniteds, the Premier League will be hosting the likes of 3.5-4 star teams whcih should provide brilliant competition.

Of course, next year, we will be going one step further regarding the season set-up. Stay tuned! It's about to get very interesting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Small problem here. Was about to play a match with a high ranked player who had Inter (can't remember the tag) but I was in Arena for around 4 minutes before the match, assumed something was wrong, quit and tried to challenge him again but the match was awarded to him. He sent me a voice message but it seemed empty

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Considering it's coming up to serious exam time in UCD, if you open up the floodgates me and almost certainly a few other are going to fall behind

Yep, thats pretty much my point. Open the floodgates and people are going to get left behind.

If someone gets so far behind that they say "ah, screw this" and doesn't bother playing the rest of their games, we are all screwed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Yep, thats pretty much my point. Open the floodgates and people are going to get left behind.

If someone gets so far behind that they say "ah, screw this" and doesn't bother playing the rest of their games, we are all screwed.

but surely if somewhon finishes all their games that means that they have met everyone. and if the have a few games left the will be able to pm those people to organise the games. just a thought.

Advertisement