Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fifa 09 League (serious edition!)

12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I know what your trying to say, but there is a difference between finishing all your games and being 7-8 games behind.

With such a big league, its not a good idea. I mean, I tried to have a game against any one I haven't played yet, last night, which leaves about 20 guys. None of them were online apart from one, how hard would it be to track down one particular guy when you have your other 25-26 games played? If people have college, school, exams, etc etc then they aren't going to want to be 10 games behind everyone else after that finishes. For those of us who work, I don't want to be 10 games behind because guys are playing all day every day.

Its not a good idea with a league this size. If we only had 10 players it'd be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Its not a good idea with a league this size. If we only had 10 players it'd be fine.

well i do agree that i see the same names online most of the time and others i have never seen online.

i also agree that the league should be smaller to get more it finished quicker.

Yep, well this season needs to be big to split us up into a Premier league and a Championship....

Maybe next season we wont need fixtures if we only have 10-12 people. I've never seen 7 or 8 people online from our league, so how I'm going even see them online, nevermind get them to send or accept an invite without a fixture list is going to be interesting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

IMHO
    This league should be wrapped up as soon as possible. i.e. People should be allowed to play the rest of their games whenever it suits, or whenever an opponent is available. Otherwise this league will drag on.

The new league should have a premier league (max 20) and a 1st Division (max 20). Anyone else wishing to join should go on a waiting list.

Players not currently playing on the preliminary league and wishing to join new league/s should go in the bottom league.

I also think that there should be no 5 * teams in the Premier league, i.e. if you get promoted you will need to chose a 3 or 4 *team for that league.

2 teams should go up/down and 3rd from bottom of Premier League should play off 3rd from top of 1st Division.

just my 2c
    moz,
    GT Livelyjojo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Small problem here. Was about to play a match with a high ranked player who had Inter (can't remember the tag) but I was in Arena for around 4 minutes before the match, assumed something was wrong, quit and tried to challenge him again but the match was awarded to him. He sent me a voice message but it seemed empty

That was me. The rules state that every player is responsible for their own connection and if it drops they lose the game. I'm sorry yours died in the arena but that's the way it goes. We can have a friendly rematch if you like just to see who would have won. The tag is knackerdwarf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I have no real problem tbh. The picks mean nothing to me unless someone picks Udinese before me. Just wasn't sure what happened

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

moz wrote: »
    IMHO
    This league should be wrapped up as soon as possible. i.e. People should be allowed to play the rest of their games whenever it suits, or whenever an opponent is available. Otherwise this league will drag on.

I'll make a decision on this soon, but while a decision to keep going with gameweeks will not inconvenience anyone, trying to wrap the league up quickly seems to conflict with some players lives, so it looks like we may go with game weeks, but maybe more games per week until this season ends.
    The new league should have a premier league (max 20) and a 1st Division (max 20). Anyone else wishing to join should go on a waiting list.

I think this is the way to go
    Players not currently playing on the preliminary league and wishing to join new league/s should go in the bottom league.

That would mean some truely incredible players would be allowed into the Championship and would ruin the balance of the league. This is my main concern for next year
    I also think that there should be no 5 * teams in the Premier league, i.e. if you get promoted you will need to chose a 3 or 4 *team for that league.

By the time the Championship players pick their teams, there wont be any 5* teams to choose in the Premiership.
    2 teams should go up/down and 3rd from bottom of Premier League should play off 3rd from top of 1st Division.

Sounds like a good number.
    just my 2c
    moz,
    GT Livelyjojo

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

just a quick question about the championship, how are teams going to be decided then?

Just wondering cause i am definitely going to finish in the bottom half of this league...

I'd say 40 people in total (20 each) is a bit big. It'd be easier if we kept the leagues to a smaller size, like 10 or 15. Its more manageable that way, but thats waaaaay down the line. Theres another 20 games in this league to go for me! We can always have a poll here down the line and go with the popular option.

I still have 3 games to play this week, so if you are online tonight, invite me to a game. If I'm in a game or busy, I'll invite you back then in a while. Want to try and get these 3 played tonight. Just aswell I didn't play any games last night.... I dont think I've ever played so badly.

At one point I was 1-0 down to Vasco De Gama!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

CKWPORT wrote: »
    just a quick question about the championship, how are teams going to be decided then?

Just wondering cause i am definitely going to finish in the bottom half of this league...

Simply put, who ever finished bottom gets first pick next year, who ever is second from bottom gets second pick, and so on. Therefore the less experienced players get man United, Chelsea while the best players have to get to know a 3.5-4 star team. Levels the playing field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Simply put, who ever finished bottom gets first pick next year, who ever is second from bottom gets second pick, and so on. Therefore the less experienced players get man United, Chelsea while the best players have to get to know a 3.5-4 star team. Levels the playing field.

Not too bad, if you saw my week 2 results, i am heading quickly towards the bottom...there is some tough competition...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    At one point I was 1-0 down to Vasco De Gama!!!!

Don't be so disheartned. Vasco aren't such a bad side. They ended United's attempt to win the World Club Championship with a 3-1 defeat in Brazil back in '99 :rolleyes:

moz

This should mean that everyone will be beating everyone, should be a good laugh!
    Don't be so disheartned. Vasco aren't such a bad side. They ended United's attempt to win the World Club Championship with a 3-1 defeat in Brazil back in '99 :rolleyes:

With the number of people complaining about facing Man Utd on FIFA'09, going to behind to Vasco rates quite highly on the retard-o-meter. :)

Advertisement