Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I've lost my pink 'fail' slip...

Options
  • 06-11-2008 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Hi there.

Took a search and a quick look but couldn't find anything.

I failed a test at the start of the summer, but apparently I need the pink slip to say I failed the test to apply again. What do I do? Can I go back up to SGS and ask for a reprint?

Later

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

You don't need it to apply again (unless something has changed lately). Just apply as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭driverite

Correct that you dont need it to apply again, The only thing you would need the cert for is when you are on a 2nd learners permit, and you are about to renew it for a third permit, the cert show you have taken a test. A 1st issue permit has 991 as a code on it, 2nd has 992, A 3rd issue permit and every one after that has 993 as a code.

Sgs wont issue you another cert as The actual tester who tested you would have to sign it, If you do need the cert( i.e. for a third issue permit) they could give you a non conductive form, (section A) signed to say you did atend for a test

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

driverite wrote: »
    The only thing you would need the cert for is when you are on a 2nd learners permit, and you are about to renew it for a third permit, the cert show you have taken a test
    There is not necessarily a requirement to show that one has taken a test but only that one has applied for a test in which caese an one year Learner Permit is issued. That is one of the problems with the system - people apply for a test to get another Learner Permit and then don't appear for the test.

And apologies for being pedantic but it's not just when exchanging a 2nd for 3rd. It could be a 3rd for a 4th, 4th for a 5th, 5th for a 6th etc. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

be honest you crumpled it up spat on it and threw it in the testers face!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭driverite

I only made the point about the 1st,2nd permits because they are issued for 2 years, everything after that is for 1 year. Thats why i didnt mention the 4th, 5th etc etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement