Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm impressed with Photoshop CS4

Options
  • 06-11-2008 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭

Have used Photoshop for what seems like forever well a decade now.
    I'm still not as good as I should be but anyway.

Just installed CS4 yesterday and had a poke around. The new interface is not bad but what impressed me is it's speed when running images through ACR.

I batch processed 145 RAW files to jpeg with White balance/color corrections and it took a total of 13 minutes. CS2 never even came close to that. I guess it's up to a smart bit of coding that seems to trash the hell out of all 4 CPU's.

3008621714_f167e7346d.jpg
    Running on Vista Enterprise 64Bit Edition with Quad core 2.4Ghz CPU

PS: CS4 would not of been possible without educational pricing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Sounds pretty damn nifty alright! As soon as i pick up my new lap top i'll be heading for Lightroom 2 and now CS4 i guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Sebzy wrote: »
    Have used Photoshop for what seems like forever well a decade now.
    I'm still not as good as I should be but anyway.

Just installed CS4 yesterday and had a poke around. The new interface is not bad but what impressed me is it's speed when running images through ACR.

I batch processed 145 RAW files to jpeg with White balance/color corrections and it took a total of 13 minutes. CS2 never even came close to that. I guess it's up to a smart bit of coding that seems to trash the hell out of all 4 CPU's.

3008621714_f167e7346d.jpg
    Running on Vista Enterprise 64Bit Edition with Quad core 2.4Ghz CPU

PS: CS4 would not of been possible without educational pricing.
    Attended an adobe workshop / presentation recently, apparently the app now utilises the graphics card in your computer which is what makes it so much faster. Some nice new features with it as well such as the ability to add 'bones' to animations along with the real time tween animation.

The graphic design people were well impressed with the 'smart guides' as well which are a feature in photoshop cs3 anyway. The bridge is easier to use as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I was thinking about upgrading to CS4, not too sure though, dont want to go through all the hastle for only a few extra little bits and pieces that can be done on CS3 with no real hastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

I was thinking about upgrading to CS4, not too sure though, dont want to go through all the hastle for only a few extra little bits and pieces that can be done on CS3 with no real hastle.

How much does the upgrade cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I'm in the process of putting cs4 suite on my macbook at the minute.. My only worry is the system requirements.. If that's what it does to a quad-core, how will my 'crummy' duo do in comparison..?

I've no problem using CS2/3 which I have, just thought I'd get the newest but after glancing through the requirements I'm a bit hesitant!

Anyone experience with this on the 1.83 duo's? Got 2 gig of ram and a faster H/D but would like to know..

• Advertisement
Advertisement