Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Rant

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Lizzykins wrote: »
    Sure some stuff is half price but you can't live on Ribena and crisps and pizza.

And you can live on brand named tea and cereal bars?

How about this - make your own cereal bars and they will be much healthier and cheaper and buy cheaper tea.

You can get 80 teabags in Lidl for no more than a euro. Just to let you know OP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I agree with the OP.

In westport I find Tesco shíte, where as in castlebar, much better, but still not great. Super Valu in westport - staff are brilliant, and I find prices still to be pretty good. I go to Tesco to grab a bargain when it's on though, but sometimes in Tesco, ignorant till operatives, just pisses me off. And self-service, they're hanging in over your shoulder supervising you like cúnts. I go to self-service to self-serve FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

nevf wrote: »
    I agree with the OP.

In westport I find Tesco shíte, where as in castlebar, much better, but still not great. Super Valu in westport - staff are brilliant, and I find prices still to be pretty good. I go to Tesco to grab a bargain when it's on though, but sometimes in Tesco, ignorant till operatives, just pisses me off. And self-service, they're hanging in over your shoulder supervising you like cúnts. I go to self-service to self-serve FFS.

Those ****ers, sitting there doing the same repetitive thing 1000 times a day listening to grannies whining about the price of oranges, hearing the registers beeping constantly, why cant they smile more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

Tesco = Claremorris. Bought 2 faulty TVs! Screen keeps flickering and going black! GAHHHHHH!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Well yes it's all EPOS systems, she can't just type in the price. It's either scan or type the barcode. You might have been able to get a similar good in the range of household stuff for the same price, though technically this contributes to stock loss, stores hate doing it.

I bought chicken slices the other day with no bar codes. First day check out girl told me to go get another one with a bar code i didnt bother, had baby, prams basket etc so i just left it.

Next day i got one but checked them all before going to check out, none of them had bar codes. The price was clearly marked on the shelf. Brought it to customer services she put it in manually as she knew the price regardless of having no barcode.

I dont know the implications to their stock control doing this but it can be done. This was tesco in Omni.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Tesco = Claremorris. Bought 2 faulty TVs! Screen keeps flickering and going black! GAHHHHHH!

Tescos dont makes em, they just sells em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Trinity1 wrote: »
    I bought chicken slices the other day with no bar codes. First day check out girl told me to go get another one with a bar code i didnt bother, had baby, prams basket etc so i just left it.

Next day i got one but checked them all before going to check out, none of them had bar codes. The price was clearly marked on the shelf. Brought it to customer services she put it in manually as she knew the price regardless of having no barcode.

I dont know the implications to their stock control doing this but it can be done. This was tesco in Omni.
    Customer Services have supervisor codes to put things like this in.Ordinary checkput operators [like moi ]dont have them which is why we cant sell the items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

marti101 wrote: »
    Customer Services have supervisor codes to put things like this in.Ordinary checkput operators [like moi ]dont have them which is why we cant sell the items.

Ah I see. But it can still be done, the OP should have just gone to customer services then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Bluetonic wrote: »
    What a silly sweeping statement.

O RLY?

Go into tesco today, you'll find all the cds have gone up to €14.95 and the dvds are €22.99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

[QUOTE In westport I find Tesco shíte, where as in castlebar, much better, but still not great. Super Valu in westport - staff are brilliant, and I find prices still to be pretty good. I go to Tesco to grab a bargain when it's on though, but sometimes in Tesco, ignorant till operatives, just pisses me off. And self-service, they're hanging in over your shoulder supervising you like cúnts. I go to self-service to self-serve FFS.[/QUOTE]

In Ballina Tesco is the pits. I can only get there in the evenings and usually there is hardly any bread. The other week I went in and they had no loose tomatoes. I was also looking for bananas and they had two or three crates full of completely green skinned bananas - awful looking.

A few days before Halloween I went in to get a brack and I noticed a stand where they had loads of them and picked up one which was two days out of date so I went searching through the others and most of them were either two or three days out of date.

In the evenings the place is like an obstacle course with people trying to get around and staff trying to stock shelves. The managers/supervisors in this particular shop are a disgrace. They seem to love shouting at staff and in fact a few months ago I witnessed a full blown row between a supervisor and a member of staff who was trying to stack shelves. Another conversation I heard between two members of staff who were having a right bitching session about somebody who they described as a 'thundering cnut' I mean really - do customers have to put up listening to that and there were mothers in there with young children listening to that kind of language.
    However I always find the checkout staff very nice and pleasant.

Advertisement