Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Randi Appreciation Thread

Options
  • 06-11-2008 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

Contacted Randi via PM and he very quickly sorted out my broadband speed. Excellent job. Fair play to you and you are a credit to your company.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

+1
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Randi

Danno wrote: »
    Contacted Randi via PM and he very quickly sorted out my broadband speed. Excellent job. Fair play to you and you are a credit to your company.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Aw isnt that nice lol....thanks a mill. If you need a hand with anything else just give me a shout, it only take a min to upgrade and do everything else etc...I'm happy to help :) its FRIDAY WOOHOOO :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Just to add + 1,000,000 to this!

Thank you very much Randi ... arrived today!

One of the good guys :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Agree totally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

As I said before, Randi is the man on the inside, and it's great to have him here. I hope his admission of working for eircom doesn't lead to any abuse by disgruntled customers though. I'd hate to see someone who is actually helping, have to stop posting because of idiots.

Keep up the good work Randi. If you have any pull with the superiors in eircom, maybe suggest that they set up a support forum, like Smart and O2 have. A few people like you, providing simple support and help, would work wonders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

jor el wrote: »
    As I said before, Randi is the man on the inside, and it's great to have him here. I hope his admission of working for eircom doesn't lead to any abuse by disgruntled customers though. I'd hate to see someone who is actually helping, have to stop posting because of idiots.

Keep up the good work Randi. If you have any pull with the superiors in eircom, maybe suggest that they set up a support forum, like Smart and O2 have. A few people like you, providing simple support and help, would work wonders.

The support forum would be a great idea. Most of us could run it too. Just need a few actual eircom staff members on board so tests and stuff can be ran on people lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Broadband activated on the Duagh exchange would be nice too :)
    Wishfull thinking,i know :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Might aswell post my question here considering that the mythical legend that is "Randi" seems to be my only hope.

Its simple really, I'm connected to an exchange that is roughly 4km away from me. However, there is an exchange about 800 metres from my house. I can nearly see it from my window....and yet eircom wont switch me over to it. Why the hell not? The improvement in attenuation and SNR would be huge. It doesn't help that im connected to Bangalore when I call eircom and ask :p

So Randi..... be a legend and tell me what my options are.

They must have found out who he is and locked him up somewhere..... Just use the eircom cyanide pill Randi!

Kirby wrote: »
    Might aswell post my question here considering that the mythical legend that is "Randi" seems to be my only hope.

Its simple really, I'm connected to an exchange that is roughly 4km away from me. However, there is an exchange about 800 metres from my house. I can nearly see it from my window....and yet eircom wont switch me over to it. Why the hell not? The improvement in attenuation and SNR would be huge. It doesn't help that im connected to Bangalore when I call eircom and ask :p

So Randi..... be a legend and tell me what my options are.

ha sorry I wasnt on this much lol......if you tell them your having problems with the line at the moment they'll get a tech out to swap it for you, im not sure how much work it is for them to change it over, but your number wont be the same as its a diff exchange

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Randi my sis enchange is enabled but her line is split 4 ways so no bb, 1901 less than helpful, what can she do, My exchange Ballinagar 05793 43XXX is now down for Nov Dec 08, any idea on an exact date? Tks a mill

Randi wrote: »
    ha sorry I wasnt on this much lol......if you tell them your having problems with the line at the moment they'll get a tech out to swap it for you, im not sure how much work it is for them to change it over, but your number wont be the same as its a diff exchange

Because i'm 4km away from the exchange, the attenuation is quite poor. Considering there is an exchange beside my house it seems like such a waste.

I live on the border between Dublin and Meath. Its like that scene from the Simpsons where Homer leaps accross the line between Australia and America. 30 yards to my left is dublin and 30 yards to the right is meath........so eircom have me connected to the meath exchange even though its miles away. The clonee exchange is right beside my house but is technically in dublin. Should this matter? should i just ring up again and demand to be switched?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Go see a district engineer( suited type) , they are based in Blanch I think.

Firstly are they both 01 exchanges and are you prepared to lose your current number which makes it much easier

i phoned up AGAIN with the issue and they told me it was "impossible". i Spoke to several different people in several different departments and basically the shower of fecks won't do it no matter which tact i chose.

The question they had the most difficulty with was "why?" and none gave a satisfactory answer. They probably just don't want to spend the money sending an engineer out. Frankly, after 27 years with eircom, I'm fed up. I'm told that UPC will be an option in the near future and if/when that happens, ill be jumping ship faster than cook himself.

Thanks for trying anyway baordsie's, I appreciate it.

i phoned up AGAIN with the issue and they told me it was "impossible". i Spoke to several different people in several different departments and basically the shower of fecks won't do it no matter which tact i chose.

The question they had the most difficulty with was "why?" and none gave a satisfactory answer. They probably just don't want to spend the money sending an engineer out. Frankly, after 27 years with eircom, I'm fed up. I'm told that UPC will be an option in the near future and if/when that happens, ill be jumping ship faster than cook himself.

Thanks for trying anyway baordsie's, I appreciate it.

As spongebob said, youd end up loosing your number if you did change exchanges.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Randi--Would you mind if I pm you with a problem?Im now on my 14th day trying to get some issues resolved by the "support" team.

Randi wrote: »
    As spongebob said, youd end up loosing your number if you did change exchanges.

I was perfectly fine with that. I told them I didn't care about the number, and just wanted to be changed. But several intractible people made it clear they were not going to help me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I told you to "GO SEE" an an engineer and specifically not to ring the ***** .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I was perfectly fine with that. I told them I didn't care about the number, and just wanted to be changed. But several intractible people made it clear they were not going to help me.

Look,the call is recorded when you call into most businesses. Officially something like this cannot be done. Which means you have to go and talk to your local engineer face to face.

Advertisement