Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** www.pokerswat.com official thread ***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

nah it's meant to be swat. elite coaching team. But thanks for the comments!

Bear with us whilst we iron out the remaining issues, and during the first week of the soft launch we would appreciate all comments that are given. Everything is taken on board and will be used constructively.

Many thanks

Donal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

Brayruit wrote: »
    Shouldn't it be spelled "pokerswot" rather than "pokerswat"?

A swot is a studious person, somebody who studies diligently.... swat is like what you do to a fly. S.W.A.T. are also an elite part of the Amerian police? Maybe swat is intentional but it came across to me as a misspelling.

Either way - good luck with the business
    Pehaps they mean (in a deep dublin accent) pokers wat?

Best of look with it guys site looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Just set up a PayPal account and register for the site but still not able to access any of the videos. Any one else having problems??

Adam

**Working now :D just took about 10minutes for it to notice I paid, its all good :D **

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭The Snapper

Just looked it up and finally got to see some vid, :)

Problem is, getting loads of lag especially on audio. I know my connection is slow but it isn't a problem with some other sites, so vids are pretty much unwatchable for me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Tell the HU guy to stop saying um.

Looks quality, best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

Just looked it up and finally got to see some vid, :)

Problem is, getting loads of lag especially on audio. I know my connection is slow but it isn't a problem with some other sites, so vids are pretty much unwatchable for me :mad:

thats very strange, nobody else has reported that issue. In terms of the general speed and flow of the site. We will have a second server up and running within the next 2 weeks. So there will be one server is the US and one here in Ireland. So obviously ip addresses in Ireland will access the server running from Ireland. Ultimately it will result in a faster site (videos buffer quicker etc) and we will continue to add more servers around the world over the next few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

i tried to pay with a credit card but it just defferred me to paypal and now i have to wait to get some 4 digit code to join the site??

iv a feeling this is due to my own stupidity but wtf?

bubbleking wrote: »
    i tried to pay with a credit card but it just defferred me to paypal and now i have to wait to get some 4 digit code to join the site??

iv a feeling this is due to my own stupidity but wtf?

If you just click on the link to pay on the pokerswat site it brings you to paypal and you can pay that way, after you have created an account and added your card. I thought I was going to have to wait four days to but its grand you don't. Hope that helps.

Adam

bubbleking: thats weird, can you pm me your username and email address and ill look into it for you. T-bOn3 explained it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

were you tempted ? :D
    huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭OutOfPosition

tell the mtt guy to stop playing bad and make some good videos or let someone else do it.

there are videos for different standards of players. From the basics of hand rankings upwards.

There are 50 videos for launch, and will be 30+ videos a month added. Each of these videos will not be of the liking of everyone.

We will be reviewing each video on a number of points, one of the main ones being the ranking each video receives from our customers. This facility is available for all members of the site.

As mentioned before hand, this is a soft launch, and going forward we will be taking everything suggested by members of both this forum and others seriously on board to allow you help us design it to make it most attractive to all poker players from different ends of the spectrum.

Thanks again guys

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

is the mtt guy Andy Ward?

he has the only poker blog I ever read so I expect his videos to be really good, surprised anyone is criticizing them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I was interested in the plo vid as the smallball approach is not that bad and it came across pretty well. Best of luck guys and btw tell trahino to min his screens so you do not keep scrolling top to bottom to see the action

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

RoundTower wrote: »
    is the mtt guy Andy Ward?

he has the only poker blog I ever read so I expect his videos to be really good, surprised anyone is criticizing them

Did you watch it? Limping AJ, QT and KJ in 5/6 handed pots cant be good advice for anyone imo. I only watched the 1st 2 minutes but it was enough. Look there's a million ways to be a winner in mtt, tons of different ways to skin a cat but i fail to see how doing the above is +ev.

Edit - thats not to put a dampener on it. I'll be joining up. people might disagree with me and think it's good strat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Seriously lads since your net only, invest some money in a decent web site designer. The front page is horrible and whoever cut out the pics doesn't know how to use photoshop, even your logo wasn't compressed right.

Looks very unprofessional in comparasion with cardrunners etc.

^^ we appreciate the feedback. As Donal was saying, the first couple of weeks are considered a soft launch where all of the issues either big or small will be rectified. The two main issues you identified above are on the to do list and will be sorted in the next 2weeks.

Watched all of Hectorjellys beginner videos and enjoyed them & found the helpful. Just wondering should I be expecting more videos in the silver level soon??
    Thanks

Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭dwayman

Good luck with it lads..

• Advertisement

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Watched all of Hectorjellys beginner videos and enjoyed them & found the helpful. Just wondering should I be expecting more videos in the silver level soon??
    Thanks

Adam

Hey, we have 50 videos on the site for launch. The normal release schedule for videos will begin one month after our launch day. So there will be at least 1 new video on the site everyday when that begins. I would encourage you to post on our forum the videos you want to see in the coming month, the topics you would like to see covered etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Hey, we have 50 videos on the site for launch. The normal release schedule for videos will begin one month after our launch day. So there will be at least 1 new video on the site everyday when that begins. I would encourage you to post on our forum the videos you want to see in the coming month, the topics you would like to see covered etc.

what level do you have to sign up to for andy mcleods videos?

Platinum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Looks good, I think I will join - can membership be terminated at any time (ie. after 3-4 months) ?

TripleAce wrote: »
    Looks good, I think I will join - can membership be terminated at any time (ie. after 3-4 months) ?
    yea thats not a problem

Direct payment by Visa, Mastercard and Laser is now available on the site. Further payment options will be added over the next week

hey, if anyone is interested -

One of our coaches, -NoName- also played in the Dutch masters Robin was in.
    He did a blog entry on it, is a decent read.

For those who may be interested, you can reg on the site as a free user (not pay anything) and still use the forum/read the blogs.

Check out the new PokerSwat Montage video:

PokerSwat Montage Video

It has a number of sample clips from our video library and a preview of some upcoming features/upgrades to our site.

A number of big annoucements will be made about the site over the coming weeks including new pros, partnerships and new features/updates to the website.

Alternatively you can watch it on YouTube (also in HD)

PokerSwat Montage Video (Youtube HD)

Works best with Firefox and Google Chrome browsers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭DrJFF

jus watched the video their, shud hopefully sign up over the next few days

Advertisement