Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** www.pokerswat.com official thread ***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

Wow, good meeting wasnt it? Site looks good and that montage is excellent; well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

yea it was great Paul, looks like i missed my calling, should have been a director :)

Well if your calling is as a director i may have another need of your services! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

The AndyMcLeod PLO vids are excellent

Read our blog tomorrow if you liked the vid, i think we have put up a decent offer. :eek:

• Advertisement

The AndyMcLeod PLO vids are excellent
    he has one of the best poker minds ive ever comes across and hes only turned 18. His next PLO video will be up on Wednesday; 4 tabling 5/10 and 10/20 on PokerStars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Enzo Scifo

Watched the MTT Video last night and is says that if I only picked up 1 leason it was to approach these with the attitude to build a stack not try to just keep it. Very true of me live where I am just not half as aggresive as I am on line and while I have regularly cashed over the last few months its usually for minimum proft with no big result. So, went to tourney tonight with the attitude that I would be putting the pressure on. Lasted 20 mins when I re raised my aq into aa :o, so much for improving your game :p

Boards own Jim 'Van Dice' Fennell first video for PokerSwat goes up on the site today at 5pm. Its the first of a 6 part mid-stakes series; todays video is on 4 tables of 1/2 NLH on PokerStars.

In light of the above, any Boards member who signs up to PokerSwat before Monday will quality for the following promotion:

Just PM me on here with your PokerSwat Username and email addrees and Ill upgrade your account.

This promotion is also available to boards members who are signed up as free 'registered users' on the site. All you have to do is log in to the site and in the bottom panel of options, click 'upgrade' and then select the package you want to go for.

Van Dice is the first of a number of new signings for PokerSwat that will be announced over the next month along with a number of upgrades/updates to the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Congrats Jim. Well done. Great signing for both of ye.

promotion ends tonight at 12am GMT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

RoundTower wrote: »
    is the mtt guy Andy Ward?

he has the only poker blog I ever read so I expect his videos to be really good, surprised anyone is criticizing them
    Did you watch it? Limping AJ, QT and KJ in 5/6 handed pots cant be good advice for anyone imo. I only watched the 1st 2 minutes but it was enough. Look there's a million ways to be a winner in mtt, tons of different ways to skin a cat but i fail to see how doing the above is +ev.

Edit - thats not to put a dampener on it. I'll be joining up. people might disagree with me and think it's good strat.

Andy Ward has a 3 part series where he wins the $300k gtd on Party Poker and its really good (he doesnt play any of the hands above) He talks about all the hands he played throughout the tournie and he recorded it live from 14 players out. Defo worth the watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Check out the new PokerSwat Montage video:

PokerSwat Montage Video

It has a number of sample clips from our video library and a preview of some upcoming features/upgrades to our site.

A number of big annoucements will be made about the site over the coming weeks including new pros, partnerships and new features/updates to the website.

I really hope you used the Team America Montage song for this.

TommyGunne wrote: »
    I really hope you used the Team America Montage song for this.
    lol, I should have used that.

Just wanted to give an overview of the first major update to the site which was completed last week:
    • New PokerSwat logo
    • Updates to homepage including 3 new full length sample videos:

1. PokerSwat Montage
      2. Traheho 5/10 NLH HU
      3. Brianm15 3/6 NLH six max

• The video section can now be viewed if you are not a member or if you are not logged in:

Click here to view PokerSwats Video section

• New high speed server
    • New Content Delivery Network
    • New Video player

PokerSwat have become partners with the worlds leading content delivery network for streaming video; Limelight Networks. All of our video library is now streamed in HD through over 20 high speed servers located around the world. Every video now has advanced seeking - i.e You can select anywhere on a videos timeline without having to let the whole video load/buffer.

• Some minor design updates accross the site
    • New promotion for Platinum Signups:
    Sign up to the Platinum Level of membership today and get at least 1 free month added to your account.
    This promotion runs until the end of February.

This promotion also extends to current members.

So the same promotion we ran when Van Dice produced his first video for us.

The next phase of development has already begun and this includes downloadable videos, new blogging functionality, a number of design updates along with a host of other new features.

We are also going to be adding a number of new coaches to our team over the next few weeks. The latest videos from Traheho, PoorUser, Ozzy 87 and Andy McLOED will be released over the next two weeks. All of them have been on holidays for the past month or so, so they are catching up with their videos this week.

Feel free to send me a PM on here if you have any questions

Been a while since we updated this, so here is the latest with PokerSwat;
    • PokerSwat Pro Andy McLEOD wins $3,150 mixed holdem SCOOP;
    Congrats to PokerSwat Pro Andy McLEOD who took down the SCOOP-11-H: $3,150 Hold'em Mixed [6-max], $800K guaranteed...

http://www.pokerstars.com/datafeed/e...11H-event.html

http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/scoop/...-e-038292.html

In a final table that included the likes of Moorman and Gboro, Andy outlasted them all to take down the title and $184,000 in prize money

Look out for a video replay series of this victory on PokerSwat over the coming month.
    • New signing Jason 'Theoretical' Su;
    PokerSwats latest pro Jason 'Theoretical' Su first video went up on the site last weekend and got a great response. Its a two table Hu match (80 minutes long) against high stakes reg UMD Tennis. Jasons next videos will be a dual commentary mid-stakes heads up series with Traheho.

Look out for the annoucements of new signings over the coming weeks.
    • Current PokerSwat Promotions;
    1. Sign up to the Platinum Level of membership today and get at least 1 free month added to your account.

This promotion has been extended and runs until the end of April.

2. Forum posting promotion;
    • Members who reach 50 posts get 1 free month added to their PokerSwat account
    • Members who reach 100 posts will get 3 free months added to their account
    • Members who reach 250 posts will get 6 free months added to your account
    • Members who reach 500+ posts will get 1 years free membership added to their account
    This promotion will run for a limited time and is open to all levels of membership on the site.
    • Upcoming video series;
    1. Pacuno - 3/6 NLH series on PokerStars - 6 max
    2. Traheho and Theoretical - Mid-stakes NLH series on Full Tilt - Heads up
    3. Brianm15 2/4 NLH seires on PokerStars - 6 max
    4. PoorUser - 2/4 - 5/10 NLH series on PokerStars - Full Ring
    5. Andy McLEOD - Replay of PLO WCOOP 09, Replay on $3,150 mixed holdem SCOOP and new PLO series
    6. JcMoussa - Mid stakes NLH series on Full Tilt

Feel free to post here or PM me if you have any questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Hey, I've currently a bankroll of $1500 and I play sngs only (10 seater). Will the silver membership be good enough for me? Are there plenty of sng videos on the site or is it mainly cash? Thanks.

Hey, I've currently a bankroll of $1500 and I play sngs only (10 seater). Will the silver membership be good enough for me? Are there plenty of sng videos on the site or is it mainly cash? Thanks.
    Hey Aedh, we currently have 3 SNG videos on the site which was a guest series from 'Kazor'. That was a complete intro to SNG's...I would say our site is focused on cash games with lots of great content from the likes of Pacuno, Traheho and PoorUser... we also have a lot of MTT videos from the likes of Andy Ward and the content in them is excellent. So I would say if you are looking to improve your overall game, you would get a lot from the silver membership on PokerSwat... However, we wont be releasing much SNG content over the next few months...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Theoreticals vid was good

Enjoy poorusers and -nonames- aswell

Ozzys are pretty dissapointing. For example, i'm going to know that its better to play more hands from the button if i'm playing 50/100 hu v prahlad

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭The Snapper

IMHO Some of the best stuff on there are the Hectorjelly vids. Content and presentation is very professional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭(CH3)2CHOH

IMHO Some of the best stuff on there are the Hectorjelly vids. Content and presentation is very professional.

I agree HJ's content is excellent but he really needs to sort out the sniffles:P

• Advertisement

^^ lol, didnt even notice them tbh. From a personal point of view, I have learned the most from Pacunos NLH videos and I think every single one of them has some excellent content.

Theoreticals latest video went up today... The start of a new heads up series, starting at .50/1 and finishing at 3/6. The last two videos will have dual commentary from Traheho as well.

We just completed the signings of two of the best small-mid stake pros around and will announce that on Monday.

Hey, here is a full update of everything going on at PokerSwat:

New PokerSwat Pros:
    1. Jaime 'Xaston' Kaplan
    2. James 'jballer88' Ackerman
    3. Jeff ‘caviat_emptor' Ferguson

Xaston

Xaston is one of the top 400 NLH regs on Stars and will be making regular six max videos for the site every month.

Table Ratings:

http://www.pokertableratings.com/sta...-search/xaston

Xastons first video series for PokerSwat will begin this week.

jballer88

jballer88 is one of the biggest 200 NLH winners on Full Tilt this year and is also an experienced coach. He will be producing regular six max videos for the site every month.

Table Ratings:

http://www.pokertableratings.com/ful...arch/jballer88

Jballers first video for PokerSwat went up on the site this week and he will begin his first video series for the site this coming week.

caviat_emptor

caviat_emptor is a HU expert and has crushed the small stakes games over the past year. He will be producing regular heads up content for the site every month.

Table Ratings:

http://www.pokertableratings.com/ful.../caviat_emptor

Jeffs first video series for PokerSwat will begin over the next two weeks.

Leak Finder Series:

• Sjoerd ‘Pacuno’ Stevens

In this series, PokerSwat Pro Pacuno will review the videos of a number of PokerSwat members. All PokerSwat members regardless of membership level can submit a video…

Pacuno: ‘Also... EVERY person who submits a video will get their game reviewed... that may be in the form of a video review that goes on the site... or a personal review sent to you my email or pm... So you are guaranteed to get feedback from me’

Videos to submit: 2/4+ NLH heads up and six max videos

• Marty Smyth

In this series, PokerSwat Pro and PLO expert Marty Smyth will review the videos of a number of PokerSwat members. All PokerSwat members regardless of membership level can submit a video

Videos to submit: Six max PLO videos

The first part of this series was released on the site this week.

• Daragh ‘HectorJelly’ Thomas

In this series, PokerSwat Pro HectorJelly will review the videos of a number of PokerSwat members. All PokerSwat members regardless of membership level can submit a video

Videos to submit: 6 max NLH videos 200 NLH and below.

Current promotions:

Special offer we currently have running – Sign up to the Platinum Level of membership today and get at least 1 free month added to your account.

This promotion has been extended and runs until the end of May.

• Get a free membership to PokerSwat every month by signing up to Boyle Poker (on the ipoker network) and qualifying through their loyalty scheme.

• One on one coaching is now available and you can contact our pros through the forum.

Video breakdown:

As of today here is the breakdown of videos by game:

NLH videos: 74
    PLO videos: 34
    Mtt videos: 35
    SNG videos: 3
    Mixed games and strategy videos: 6
    Software (Holdem Manager Guide videos) 2

Total: 154

You can see what videos we have on offer on our Video Page

Don’t forget you can watch 3 free full length videos here:

Sample Videos:

PokerSwat Montage Video

Traheho 5/10 NLH heads up

Brianm15 3/6 NLH six max

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pkr_brat

Do the videos have drm or are they mine to watch where and when i want when i download them like deuces cracked?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

The Boylepoker VIP scheme is now giving away free monthly packages to levels Gold and above !

pkr_brat wrote: »
    Do the videos have drm or are they mine to watch where and when i want when i download them like deuces cracked?
    Hey PKR,

As of last week, the development of the new PokerSwat site began. As part of this, downloadable videos will become available. In all likelihood DRM will be on the videos.

I will post further information about it closer to the launch of our new site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

still can't access the forum btw. says invalid password or whatever. When i go to "forgot your password" it just takes me to the register your account screen, even though im already platinum and logged in

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    still can't access the forum btw. says invalid password or whatever. When i go to "forgot your password" it just takes me to the register your account screen, even though im already platinum and logged in

Hey Mr Plough,

Can you email support@pokerswat.com and include your PokerSwat username and email you signed up with and we will get that sorted for you straight away.

Whats the latest update with pokerswat? Been nothing new added in over a month. Is there anything in the pipeline?

tumbleweed.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Shivverz

When was the last time a video was posted to this site out of interest?
    I was considering joining, are subscribers being ripped off?

Advertisement