Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xmas pressie for the bf!

Options
  • 06-11-2008 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

Hey!Dunno if im posting in the right place but this is my first post!So anyways, I am completely stuck on what to get himself for xmas!Ive gotten him everythin before (everything!!) mac book pro, i phone, ps3, xbox!!You name the gadget and he prob has it!!So if any lads have any ideas of what I should get it would be great!Oh and it cant be too expensive cos we have just bought our first house!!Thanks!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DooDeeDee

Concert tickets
    A sat nav
    A digital photo frame
    The Wii

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

I have a fantastic idea

This is what I got my bf for xmas and he LOVED IT!!!!

A flying lesson. Yes, he gets to fly a plane for an hour.

And its not as expensive as you might think.

€140 and the guy is fantastic

This includes an introduction where the guy sits down and talks about how a plane works etc.. controls...

Then your bf will be guaranteed 1 hour in the air. And the thing I loved most about the instructor was that he flew in from tipp to do the lesson, how cool is that, and he doesnt rush you at all. If you need 30 mins to go through the theory fine. If you need an hour, fine.

Im telling you, such a cool ass pressie

Also, I can give you the web address of the company and the name of the owner. I would recommend him 100 times over.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aviendha

apologies for the hijacking, but is there such a thing as a helicopter flying lesson???

aviendha wrote: »
    apologies for the hijacking, but is there such a thing as a helicopter flying lesson???
    Well the guy I was dealing with was doing planes only but Im sure he would be the best person to ask. Ill give you the link to his page, you should email him and ask him. If he doesnt do them himself he will know who does.

Mods...Am I allowed to post up his webpage or will I be banned for that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

http://www.topgifts.ie/mall/departmentpage.cfm/NewTopGifts/_43388/1/Air%2520Adventures?gclid=CMqqhrmM5JYCFQ2Y1QodXS5ePA Thats the helicopter lessons place, thats better than a plane i think, it also has lots of ideas for your boyfriend pressie dilemma!!

I'm getting my OH match tickets to Anfield, for a liverpool game. I got it for his bday two years ago to and we had such a great time. Shopping is way cheaper over there to, the match is on in Feb so i am going to roll it into my valentines gift also. Can't wait ..

She Devil wrote: »
    http://www.topgifts.ie/mall/departmentpage.cfm/NewTopGifts/_43388/1/Air%2520Adventures?gclid=CMqqhrmM5JYCFQ2Y1QodXS5ePA Thats the helicopter lessons place, thats better than a plane i think, it also has lots of ideas for your boyfriend pressie dilemma!!

I'm getting my OH match tickets to Anfield, for a liverpool game. I got it for his bday two years ago to and we had such a great time. Shopping is way cheaper over there to, the match is on in Feb so i am going to roll it into my valentines gift also. Can't wait ..

top gifts are alot more expensive.. They were charging double the price for the plane lessons, so I would suggest trying somewhere else for the copter lessons if you can. Im just going to go ahead and post the link up for this guy,

http://www.irishaerosports.com/

the guys name is vincent, all his contact info is on the webpage. He is brilliant if I didnt already say that....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

In fairness ye're class girlfriends but you'd be better off getting something simple. the bigger your pressie is the more pressure you put on your boyfriend to give you something class, that's when their head will spin.

Men hate shopping, don't force it on us. Get something **** so we can get something **** too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Do this ....

Tell your boyfriend to write out a list and put 100 things on it ... Tell him to put everything in the world he might want or need on it, tell him he can range it from a jeep, a trip to the moon, down to a tool box or a lighter.
    And tell him you will buy him ONE thing on that list.

Its the best way to do pressies cos that way you will get something he wants, but he won't know what.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Do this ....

Tell your boyfriend to write out a list and put 100 things on it ... Tell him to put everything in the world he might want or need on it, tell him he can range it from a jeep, a trip to the moon, down to a tool box or a lighter.

Its the best way to do pressies cos that way you will get something he wants, but he won't know what.
    This is bull****! Buy him nothing and expect nothing in return. best president your could ever give.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭genfoley

What about a multimedia drive you plug into your tv, he downloads movies onto his laptop, copies them over to the multimedia drive and you can both snuggle up on the sofa and watch rose-mantic movies without the need of a dvd yay ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aviendha

ScumLord wrote: »
    In fairness ye're class girlfriends but you'd be better off getting something simple. the bigger your pressie is the more pressure you put on your boyfriend to give you something class, that's when their head will spin.

Men hate shopping, don't force it on us. Get something **** so we can get something **** too.

I understand what you're saying, but unfortunately I'm in the position where I'm spoiled rotten with gifts all through the year (flowers, cosmetics, spa treatments) on top of great Christmas/BDay pressies, yet when I ask him what he'd like, I get a "oh nothing, I just want to see you happy"... this year all he wants are cufflinks ...ARGH BOYS!!!! :rolleyes:

anyway... multimedia drive/ tv plugin thingymejig sounds like another genius idea... keep em coming!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

Do this ....

Write out a list of 100 things?! Haven't people got anything better to do!? Wouldn't 10 be suffice to keep him "guessing"......?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

100 pack of condoms. There's a sale on in Boots.

Get reference, win internets.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

some cool ideas! I suggested bout the helicopter/plane lessons thing but he didnt find it interestin! I was even gonna get the supercar thing off topgifts but he said he wouldnt be happy bcoz he wouldnt get to drive home in a ferrari/lambo!!!

The hard-drive idea is good BUT we already have apple TV and he has it synced with his computer so it streams any movies we download anyway!

I think im gonna have to get a very simple pressie for him this year cos hes so fussy!! I told him I wanted a Louis Vuitton handbag n thats what im gettin!! Its as easy as that to think of a pressie you want but not with him!!:mad:

Advertisement