Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

audi or a lexus

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Anan1 wrote: »
    Get a personal loan, as opposed to a car loan.

not that easy :( i was only approved for the car loan. ill see what restrictions on monday
    I have just cleared an Oct 2005 2.0 TDI Audi A4 S-line with every extra available for just over 16K, I would hate to think what it would cost to get that car here in Ireland. 23K-26K?

S.

oh yeah ? get it through autotrader ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Yeah, the UK Autotrader site from a smaller independent dealer outside London.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

The biggest expense of any car is depreciation.

How about a 2001/2 Lexus GS300? Very rare car, replaced in 2005 with new shape

112_0001_roadtests_01l+1998_lexus_gs_300_430_sedan+front_rear.jpg

I have a 98 GS300 now 3 years and it is the best car I have ever owned. I get an average of 27mpg and that is not with light driving. Light driving I would easily get early-mid 30's.

The car has never missed a beat as it is a glorified toyota so you get total reliability and with all the toys. 100% recommended.

It has the brilliant bullit-proof Supra (non-turbo) engine and can be modified very easily. There is even a rarer imported GS300 called the Toyota Aristo with the crazy Supra Turbo engine!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

samhail wrote: »
    not that easy :( i was only approved for the car loan. ill see what restrictions on monday
    Just bear in mind that any loan that makes you pay more for your car is a very expensive loan. Could you maybe get a personal loan but for a smaller amount?

I think in this loan i dont have to spend the entire amount. need to verify.

• Advertisement

samhail wrote: »
    I think in this loan i dont have to spend the entire amount. need to verify.
    The problem, though, is that you have to spend it a dealer.

aye. might a dealer give you a cash back ?

No, that'd be fraud. What i'm trying to tell you, though, is that Irish dealers are expensive. You'd be better off with a personal loan, that way you can get the best deal on your new car.

seriously ! ? its fraud. i didnt know that atall.
    well if the bank is only going to give me that type of loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,249 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Maybe you need to change banks then. Did you try a credit union?

You should be looking for the best deal for you not the best deal for your bank.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Tesco loans.

Whats the loan for...home improvements.

nah... been trying to get loans for a few months now... kinda messed up my credit rating when i went to Australia. Ill see what they say on Monday.

and tried credit union... but never got around to making an account with them, so cant take a loan out of that much so quickly.

are tesco loans good ? i thought i looked at them and they were a good bit more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

mullingar wrote: »
    The biggest expense of any car is depreciation.

How about a 2001/2 Lexus GS300? Very rare car, replaced in 2005 with new shape

112_0001_roadtests_01l+1998_lexus_gs_300_430_sedan+front_rear.jpg

I have a 98 GS300 now 3 years and it is the best car I have ever owned. I get an average of 27mpg and that is not with light driving. Light driving I would easily get early-mid 30's.

The car has never missed a beat as it is a glorified toyota so you get total reliability and with all the toys. 100% recommended.

It has the brilliant bullit-proof Supra (non-turbo) engine and can be modified very easily. There is even a rarer imported GS300 called the Toyota Aristo with the crazy Supra Turbo engine!

A very nice car, take a look at this:
    http://www.keycops.co.uk/viewcar.asp?cID=138

Same garage where I got my 728, the lads in there are sound. That price has dropped big time, he had it back in May when I got my yoke. Great price.

the GS300 looks gorgeous... but the 1100 euro tax bill dont.

I got my loan from Tescos, I took 3-4 weeks but the rate is 3% cheaper than the rest so it was worth it!

Will your loan be secured on the actually car?

i dont know to be honest. when the girl from aib rang me she just told me that i was approved, didnt give me much time to come up with all the questions i wanted to ask :)
    getting a list together for tomorrow.
    who underrights(underwrite? *shrugs*) tescos loans ?

Ulster bank in belfast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Pity about the loan being limited to an Irish dealer. For €15k cleared I would have this from the UK:

2006 159 1.9JTD, 79K miles, full Alfa history. Nice, nice car.

media?id=812315800
    media?id=812315899

hmmm interesting.
    might put in a loan request in to them.

Pity about the loan being limited to an Irish dealer. For €15k cleared I would have this from the UK:

media?id=812315800
    media?id=812315899

that is nice alright !
    i had an 2002 156 for a few years there, didnt have any problems with it (luckily). lovely car !

• Advertisement

Any links? I was looking at those, but they were all around 18-19k with VRT.

Tesco loans.

Whats the loan for...home improvements.

is a loan for a home improvements more likely to be accepted than that of a car loan ? or is that a fraud-type question :) ?
    ... i really dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

as long as you can make repayments and have a quote, your lender doesn't care if you're cooking or driving in your kitchen.

Advertisement