Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Network Attached Storage (NAS) recommendations?

Options
  • 06-11-2008 9:28pm
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just thought it might be something that would be useful at home. There's LOADS of wired ones of course, but there seems to be only a handful of wireless ones.

Anyone any recommendations? Ones without Hard drives are fine, would put it in myself. I think a 3.5" drive would be better, but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I picked up an Apple Time Capsule. It doubles as a Wireless N router, and you can connect USB drives or printers to it too. It's got a small foot print, and will work with Windows too.

Most importantly though, It Just Works. I had an absolute nightmare experience with a Planex wired NAS about 3 months prior to getting the Time Capsule. It was horrible to configure and use, and was totally unreliable.

Advertisement