Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Arsenal V Manchester United(Pre/During/After Match Discussion)

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I didnt think Neville had THAT bad a game. Seems hes been an easy target. He set up a great chance near the start when he put a ball over the top for Ronaldo that Rooney shouldve buried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

deise59 wrote: »
    I think it's time to drop Berba for the next 2 weeks or so, give Tevez a run of games and give Berbatov the kick up the arse he deserves.

Or we could drop the other lazy one.If Ronaldo tracked Nasri and helped Neville it mightn't have been so bad.I dont think Neville has lost it,although I'd play Brown and Rafael ahead of him,but its kinda hard to play against Nasri and Clichy with no help most of the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I think it's time to drop Berba for the next 2 weeks or so, give Tevez a run of games and give Berbatov the kick up the arse he deserves.

if you spend 35 million on a player,that players has to start

you have to justfiy the money you've spent

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

D.S. wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I'd say a few more yet..Fergie is v loyal to his oldguard and I don't think he will give up on Neville just yet..although for me, even if there was a chance Neville could get back to his old self, he is a liability to have in the team in the interim period. Particularly when Brown, and Rafa, can play so much better.

Fergie has shown very little mercy with such players in the past (Ince, Kanchelskis etc) and got rid of them when it was the right time.

Neville shooting from about 30 yards on two occasions was absolutely stupid, especially when a ball into the box would have caused trouble.

I don't think it's time for Neville to go just yet, but Brown/Rafa have to be higher on the pecking order.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Berbatov is a lazy looking player, but even by his standards, he looked pretty motionless today. I'd love to see Tevez being given a run, but I cannot see Fergie dropping Berbatov yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Fergie has shown very little mercy with such players in the past (Ince, Kanchelskis etc) and got rid of them when it was the right time.

That was over 10 years ago. Giggs and Neville are (relatively) a loooot worse now than Ince and Kanchelskis were when they were shown the door back in the mid nineties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

if you spend 35 million on a player,that players has to start

you have to justfiy the money you've spent

No player should feel he's exempt from being dropped, regardless of how much money was spent on him.

If Tevez leaves in the summer because of a lack of games due to Fergie trying to "justify" his purchase, then he won't have done a very good job in achieving that aim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

This result had been coming. United haven't clicked into gear at all this season, especially defensively. I dont know if its Quieroz gone or what, but the understanding between the back 4 just isnt there anymore. Vidic has been dodgy in the last couple of games and got tricked by Walcott yesterday poorly.
    Defensively, we were shocking, really were.

Offensively we were very very good at creating chances, we must have had what I'd consider to be 5 extremely good goal scoring chances
    [Indirect free kick, Ronaldo's cutback to Rooney, Berbatov's disallowed goal, Ronaldo's back post chance, Radael's chance he scored]
    and we had lots more half chances. We put away one, one, from an 18 year old. Great creation, not surprising with Anderson and Carrick in midfield, both very attacking players, but no goals is just Arsenal eskque ironicaly enough [considering Arsenal put away the chances they got]

This performance has been coming. Watching Unted's run of 10 unbeaten, anyone could see the defensive weakness, the tiring in the 2nd half every time. There was no desire on that pitch yesterday. Even after the 6 minutes were held up, the bite just wasnt there. Really disappointing stuff. But we need to respond now.

After Stoke, our next games are Villa, City and Spurs away. I'm gona put this out there, if we dont get at least 9 points from those games, we're out of the title race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

kryogen wrote: »
    im not going to say much cause im an emotional chap at the best of times,
    Sherifu wrote: »
    It's only a football match man ffs...

Lol :pac: Indeed, tis only English club football ffs get a grip.

Anyway, delighted, though the icing on the cake would havebeen a Hull win yesterday :( Didnt thnk Arsenal had it in them, though I still say Wenger has had his day and a change is needed to stop the rot.

After Stoke, our next games are Villa, City and Spurs away. I'm gona put this out there, if we dont get at least 9 points from those games, we're out of the title race.

All three away?

I still dont rate city enough to beat United again. I am confident Arry the crafty ol git will have summink up his sleeve though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

I don't think it's time for Neville to go just yet, but Brown/Rafa have to be higher on the pecking order.
    I think Brown probably is ahead of Neville in the pecking order so Ferguson probably agrees with you there.

On Rafael, I wouldn't go lumping him ahead of Neville automatically yet - he took his goal really well yesterday and did alright but doesn't look to have a great balance between attack and defence yet. Alright, it was a very open game and chances came down Neville's side throughout, but there were chances coming from Evra's side too and an awful lot came down a huge gap at right full once Rafael came on too. I don't think think he really played as a right back yesterday to be honest (and he was similarly attack-minded in the other game I saw him), so it's too early to put him ahead of someone who'll still be a better option in certain games imo. If Rafael had started yesterday, I think he might have been destroyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Slightly off topic but just saw a clip of that sunday supplement thing on sky sports. They had this guy given he's opinion on how United and Arsenal wouldnt win the league, the same guy wasn't sure if United lost to Liverpool or not this year.... how da f'uck can he not know that!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Trilla wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but just saw a clip of that sunday supplement thing on sky sports. They had this guy given he's opinion on how United and Arsenal wouldnt win the league, the same guy wasn't sure if United lost to Liverpool or not this year.... how da f'uck can he not know that!!
    Thats what ya get for watching the sunday supplement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

CHD wrote: »
    Thats what ya get for watching the sunday supplement!

it was a clip on sky sports news... but yes I have been guilty of watching it before, once and once only!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Galvasean wrote: »
    Nasri is Arsenal's best chance for a goalscorer tomorrow.

Hey i got something right! :)
    Of course I predicted United to win 3-1 (glad i'm not right all the time)

Great game of football with two attacking teams. A pleasure to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Meh last season we lost to Chelsea, drew with Arsenal and beat Liverpool away from home.

So 4 points last season and 1 point this. Not the end of the world in my eyes. It's going to be a close race this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

shane86 wrote: »
    Lol :pac: Indeed, tis only English club football ffs get a grip.

you just assume im irish then and not english? fair enough

I dont wanna be defending Berbatov as there are literally pages of me saying i didnt want him all summer and all last season but i feel i have to

he is what he is, i never thought he was right for this team but he is doing the job he was bought for, he will take time to fully get going, its not as if the rest of the team covered themselves in glory yesterday, there wasnt exactly a lot of urgency from a lot of the players out there, i actually felt we missed Fletcher yesterday strangely enough

another thing, how can Berbatov go from an angel to a demon in 7 days? he was lauded for his performance last week and his fantastic bit of skill in setting up Ronaldo, as i remember he didnt do alot of running in that game either

he is doing what he always does and im sure he will be of benefit over the whole season, still not the player i wanted though!

Tevez should be playing more, that is clear, but he is not an out and out goalscorer so its hard to drop Rooney for him isnt it?

Berba being dropped wont help him settle any better, a good run of games is what helps players settle in

Fergie doesnt want all the guys on the pitch at the same time (rooney, ronaldo, tevez, berba)

thats his decision but it gives him a big headache with team selection

imo a frontline of

rooney----tevez
    ronaldo
    berbatov

would work if given time to gel, but we may never go

i think we are seeing the influence of our Assistant leaving more clearly now, this happened last time he left also, the defence was nowhere near as coherent when he left for madrid and they seem to be heading that way again now hes gone

its sad, but i hope the rot is stopped before it goes any further or, as PHB said, we will soon be out of the title race

need to get a good run going now so we dont fall further behind

Chelsea are wrappping up another 3 points as i type, in which they havent played amazingly again, but they are not conceding and are getting the job done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

kryogen wrote: »
    there wasnt exactly a lot of urgency from a lot of the players out there, i actually felt we missed Fletcher yesterday strangely enough

another thing, how can Berbatov go from an angel to a demon in 7 days?

+ 1 for Fletcher. Carrick had 1 or 2 good moments but Fletcher would have been better.

Berbatov is lazy. If playing Arsenal in the Emirates doesn't get him going, what will?!

Ronaldo had a poor game too.

Neville was absolutely shocking. Arsenal recognised this, and targeted him.

Rooney missed 2 sitters.

Only positive out of the game was another good display from Rafael.

I was at the Emirates sitting with Arsenal fans :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Berbatov is a lazy looking player, but even by his standards, he looked pretty motionless today. I'd love to see Tevez being given a run, but I cannot see Fergie dropping Berbatov yet.

Why would he? Tevez has done nothing when he has come on and nothing in his start against Celtic. Berbs isn't the reason we lost on Saturday. I dunno why most people are blaming him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    I don't think think he really played as a right back yesterday to be honest (and he was similarly attack-minded in the other game I saw him), so it's too early to put him ahead of someone who'll still be a better option in certain games imo. If Rafael had started yesterday, I think he might have been destroyed.

I reckon he was told to go forward. They had to get something out of the game, and he was united's best player on the day.

As for his efforts defending, if he was told to attack its going to be difficult for him to get back quickly. When he did make challenges, they were very solid though.

He should be ahead of both Gary Neville and Wes Brown imho.

• Advertisement
Advertisement