Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which wii chip

Options
  • 06-11-2008 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

hey, i know i cant get a bonafide, answer here given the information ill be giving, ive got a wii here about a year to 1.5 years old that i want to chip. would the original wiikey work in this or would i want/need to get somthing else,

thanks

also, will this allow me to run gamecube backups?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

the serial number is an important clue, the wiikey's are for older wii's afaik
    you'll prob need d2pro key it will let you play GC backups also, i have it in my wii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

LEH10480528

Your Drive Chip is most likely GC2-DMS.

Your Drive Pins are most likely not cut.

i want the ability to play game cube, i also want a chip i can put on the board and wire free solder into place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

cheers bobby, wheres the best place to get one of these , i see modchipstore.com are doign a buy one get one free with em and ive had only good dealings with them in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sub5

hey weeder,
    follow the link here you dont get 2 for the price of 1 but its only a €10.
    i use these a fair bit when i'm just ordering a small amount of stuff and they are on the ball. i get my stuff within a few days.

http://www.chipspain.com/wiikey-original-p-1077.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,858 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

sub5 wrote: »

Are these definitely genuine and not clones ?

downgraded my console to 2.0e and got backup loader installed
    good for the most part except gamecube games

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sub5

Are these definitely genuine and not clones ?

yep they sure are genuine dude i've used them a lot in the past, the same site does the clones as well and they're a little bit cheaper too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 crowlp2

Hi Does anyone know who in CORK can chip my Wii
    I got it a year ago from hte States, I take it that should not make any difference

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

so i presume these chips leave you play back ups of your original wii games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

crowlp2 wrote: »
    Hi Does anyone know who in CORK can chip my Wii
    I got it a year ago from hte States, I take it that should not make any difference

Thanks

http://www.modchipsireland.com/

This guy is in Cork, but looks like he is setting up a new site. If you are not in a rush then I found them great :)

Edit: Not that they were slow, just the wait for the site to be back up I meant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Site has been like that a long time now, not sure if there is another way of contacting him.

Advertisement