Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

deisedolly wrote: »
    This is a serious underestimate of the actual length of the journey and hassle people will face trying to get from Charleroi to Werchter, particularly if there's a gang with you and you're a european train virgin!

There were ten of us last year and it took us around 3-4 hours of painful trekking across belgium until we reached the campsites.

Pay the extra few quid and fly with Aer Lingus, your back and sanity will thank you for it.

Check my post a few pages back i think i had the same experience as yourself, thing is i'm gonna be much more prepared this year.

My one tip i would give to anybody thinking of going with Ryanair is, avoid the monday morning flight coming home, you'll have to cut your festival time short and Charleroi is poxy to get to at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Starting lineup looks good! I'm definitely going again this year but i'm finding the whole camping issue a bit strange....:confused:

Mr.S wrote: »
    Go ahead with ordering physical tickets, it seems to work.

If by some chance they cancell our orders, just buy a combi e-ticket and then just buy a camping ticket on the day you arrive, at the camping ticketbox, it was 20€ last year i think.

Ah yeah i didn't think of that, just buying the camping ticket on the day...cheers

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Apologies if this has been mentioned millions of times but what airports should you go to when your flying with aer lingus or ryan air.

Apologies if this has been mentioned millions of times but what airports should you go to when your flying with aer lingus or ryan air.

Aer Lingus fly to Zaventem airport, Brussels International while Ryanair fly from Charleroi which is a low cost Airport about 47KM away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Gazza22 wrote: »
    Aer Lingus fly to Zaventem airport, Brussels International while Ryanair fly from Charleroi which is a low cost Airport about 47KM away.

And from my experiences of Charleoi, never had any trouble on it. Getting to it is a breeze, and that includes the first time I did it(back for RW 07). Also used it coming from Maastricht after Pinkpop 08, train to Brussels then down to Charleoi. Worst problem was having to stay overnight in the airport, but that's not their fault. And its cheap to get to aswell.

Mushy wrote: »
    And from my experiences of Charleoi, never had any trouble on it. Getting to it is a breeze, and that includes the first time I did it(back for RW 07). Also used it coming from Maastricht after Pinkpop 08, train to Brussels then down to Charleoi. Worst problem was having to stay overnight in the airport, but that's not their fault. And its cheap to get to aswell.

Agreed, if you want to save a few €'s Charleroi is fine especially for Werchter because travel to Leuven is included in your ticket price!

Cheers for the reply lads. I was just checking a few flights there from the info you gave me and flights to Brussels are just under €100. I also checked on the ryanair site but i couldnt find that Charleroi

Cheers for the reply lads. I was just checking a few flights there from the info you gave me and flights to Brussels are just under €100. I also checked on the ryanair site but i couldnt find that Charleroi

Charleroi is Brussels (CRL) on Ryanair site

Charleroi is Brussels (CRL) on Ryanair site
    Oh right cheers man

• Advertisement

Flights booked! Heading to Berlin after the festival this year, have done Paris and Amsterdam in previous years....just the tickets to worry about now!

Jupiler (for thoes who don't know it, its sold in red cans in belgium and sometimes in plastic bottles :eek:) has replaced Stella Artois as the festival beer:(

Which is anoying because:

Jupiler tastes horrible
    Its much cheaper in the shops to buy compared to Stella, but the prices on festival will be the same, 2.5€

Not that i bought much beer onsite, but it was good now and again!

Yeah that's pretty bad.....at least you could rely on a nice stella if you needed it....Jupiler :eek:

Yeah that's pretty bad.....at least you could rely on a nice stella if you needed it....Jupiler :eek:

Haha, I'm gonna miss this now, Jupiler is always my drink of choice at my very few forrays to Europeans festivals. Had 24 small(330ml) cans one day...you'd think I'd be sick of it haha!

So yeah, +1 to the sponsorsip by Jupiler:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

those who say its relaxed, dont go to a3 with the irish people. try and find one of the 2 campsites with their own bars and dj/music til 4-5am. otherwise wait for pukkelpop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Honestly my issue wasn't with the campsite but with the festival itself. I've plenty of pictures of very very sedate crowds standing around to things like Racounters and Kings of Leon and us in this sea of statues standing out as the only people who are actually getting into it. We were up very close to the front as well but it made no difference. It didn't bother me too much as I'm old but you will feel the atmosphere to be hugely different from large Irish / UK festivals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I went last year and would say that there was a bit of a craic defecit.

However, there's no hassle & no danger of getting into any bother. The bars alongside the from the campsite to the festival seemed to have a way better atmosphere than the actual festival itself.

I reckon it could be improved by a bit more diversity & a few more additional attractions. The belgian weather can be a bit damp too. Serious downpours on the first day definitely affected the atmosphere. Def prepare for a bit of rain like.

Also, Belgians whilst very polite and civil aren't exactly party animals.

Updated lineup:

2 Many DJ's, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, The Prodigy, Tiga, Katy Perry, Jason Mraz, Seasick Steve, Emiliana Torrini, Henry Rollins Spoken Word.

Lineup so far:

Sunday 2nd July:

Main Stage: The Prodigy | Oasis | Placebo | Dave Matthews Band
    Pyramid Marquee: Tiga | Emiliana Torrini

Friday 3rd July:

Main Stage: Coldplay | The Killers | Bloc Party | Elbow | Amy Macdonald
    Pyramid Marquee: Jason Mraz | The Streets | Henry Rollins Spoken Word

Saturday 4th July

Main Stage: 2manydjs | Kings of Leon | Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds | Franz Ferdinand | Limp Bizkit
    Pyramid Marquee: Katy Perry

Sunday 5th July:

Main Stage: Metallica | Seasick Steve | Mastodon

Nice Oasis followed by The Prodigy , gotta make sure my friends go so i can:)

And 2manydjs after Kings of Leon, excellent:)

So we're waiting on 1 more co-headliner, for the Sunday, any guesses? Personally, i think it could be Slipknot, their confirmed for Roskilde the same weekend, and it would go in tune with Metallica and Mastodon

Well since i never listened to 2 Many DJ's im not excited about them. I would prefer if they had NIN before Metallica or NIN on the line up somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ennisd

What website do you buy the tickets off???

Now i know there'll be more to fill out, but why on earth do they keep putting metal bands on early, and then at the finish? I remember it was the same in 07(with Mastodon and Metallica), it just doesn't seem that good an idea.

Other co-headliner...Faith No More??

• Advertisement

ennisd wrote: »
    What website do you buy the tickets off???

http://www.proximusgoformusic.be/en/fest/rockwerchter

Click other visitors, to the right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 whistle89

hi there!!!
    i want to buy the tickets for the first day of the festival but the next morning i have to leave for another festival in france..
    do you know what time does the first bus from werchter to leuven leave?

The busses start running, i think - 10 or 11am after the first day.

You could just find a taxi though if thats to late.

yes i have to be in bruxelles at 7 in the morning :(
    there aren't busses after the end of the festival in the night?
    we are six people and we don't really know how to arrive to leuven from werchter :(:(

that's not a problem.. we can wait in leuven till the morning.. our problem is how to arrive to leuven to catch the first train to bruxelles...
    what time does usually the last bus leave from werchter in the night?
    thanks a lot for the info you are saving us!!!!

They generally run untill 1 hour after the last band has been on, so if you just go straight to the bus's after the last band youll get to Leuven no problem, and then just wait till about 5:30am for the first train to Brussels.

thank you so much!!! :):):) we will do this way :)

Just messed around with flights there. With Ryanair you can fly over to Charleroi for €52(fly early wed and back monday evening) and with Aer Lingus its €134(fly wed back monday). Gonna try and get my friends to go, over the next few weeks since even with the festival ticket and ryanair its still cheaper then a certain festival

sorry for the stupid question, but the trains leaves from bruxelles and arrives in Louvain according to NMBS...is Louvain the station of leuven? google maps says is the same city, but i'm asking to be sure...
    sorry i know it sounds like a stupid question!!

whistle89 wrote: »
    sorry for the stupid question, but the trains leaves from bruxelles and arrives in Louvain according to NMBS...is Louvain the station of leuven? google maps says is the same city, but i'm asking to be sure...
    sorry i know it sounds like a stupid question!!

Yeah Louvain is just the french variant of Leuven!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Well since i never listened to 2 Many DJ's im not excited about them. I would prefer if they had NIN before Metallica or NIN on the line up somewhere

You should be excited. Saw them last year in the Pyramid Marque as Soulwax and later as 2ManyDj's and it was fantastic. Not too sure if I'd prefare them in on the mainstage, the marquee has a certain dance element to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

It'll be interesting seeing 2manyDj's on the main stage can't wait for that, seen them twice once in Space in Ibiza then in spirit both occasions were fairly mental. Even the boring Belgians will find it hard not to have a boogy to them.

Advertisement