Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 little_miss_sun

I would imagine the main reason for tickets going online again is a build up of refunds. Those who can't make it must refund their tickets they cannot sell them on.

Also even if people don't get tickets into the festival go any way as the campsite is seperate at €17 and there's always good craic in the campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Mr.S wrote: »
    There was a ryanair sale when i posted, seems to have gone back to normal now:(

But it was deff 16€ return when i looked.

Oh well

Seems like I missed out so. Oh well indeed. I hate when they drop prices and I miss out, didn't they always only raise the prices over time? Now you never know when to get the bloody things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

There was a ryanair sale when i posted, seems to have gone back to normal now:(

But it was deff 16€ return when i looked.

Oh well

Yep i got those 16 euro flights. Wednesday morning to tuesday evening. Also managed to doop Ryanair out of 20 euro worth of CC charges using gift vouchers!:pac:

playa3 wrote: »
    Yep i got those 16 euro flights. Wednesday morning to tuesday evening. Also managed to doop Ryanair out of 20 euro worth of CC charges using gift vouchers!:pac:

Damn ya! :p

So what's the craic? Where are all the Irish hanging out this year. Dunno if the Belgians will like me much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Not long to go now, have to get a decent tent sorted. is anyone here on the late flight on wednesday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

Not long to go now, have to get a decent tent sorted. is anyone here on the late flight on wednesday?

Keep an eye on Lidl and Aldi ads in the newspapers, they seem to do a few deals on camping gear every summer.

Heading out on the 18:40 flight on the Wednesday,can't wait now,not long to go! Need to sort out the auld passport fairly lively! :p

Yeah same flight as myself man, does anybody know when the last train from Brussels to Leuven is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Perhaps a bargain alert for all the people arriving on the 1st of July. The 3* Alma & Aris Grand Place Hotels have a special offer of €55 for a double/twin room on the 1st of July. I booked the Aris the other day,

You cannot beat that price/location in Brussels, just off Grand Place! It's cheaper than a private room in most hostels.

Bit of bad news mate, Celtica's was burned down the other night, no more 1€ drinks:( (Im pritty sure its you that was talking about Celticas last year, if not, then sorry^^)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

No way! Yeah it was me who was talking about it last year. I fcuking love that place...what happened?

EDIT: I just checked their website. I'll be optimistic in the fact it mentions repairs and a possible re-opening!

No way, that Celtica was a great little spot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sinners19

Rock Werchter won't be the same without a night in Celtica before hand...Love that Place! Snapping that its not gonna be there this year!:(:(

I was told its completely destroyed inside:(, what the fire/smoke didn't damage, the sprinklers did.

Also heard they where having a hard time getting money from the Insurance, so its not looking good:(

I emailed the owner (yes i'm genuinely saddened by this haha) and got this reply:
    Celtica wrote:
    Hi G,

Thanks for your kind thoughts and it's always great to hear from happy customers!

There may be some unexpected delays but if not we hope to be back fully open during July - hope to see you then.

Best Regards,
    Tim

I doubt they will be opened by 1st July. Fingers crossed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Which charleroi station should we book from- west or south?

Only 23 Days to go!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Bring it on!!

Starting to get excited now, quick question though.

I booked two tickets for myself and my mate, but both are in my name will there be any bother on entrance if he has a ticket with my name on it? i'll be with him anyway so i don't reckon there'll be much bother.

Mr S , Are you going the Forum Party????
    Not sure if your familiar with it??:confused::confused:

Cool cheers Mr. S, another friend is looking to buy a ticket off someone else so i suppose he won't have to change the name's or anything if he does get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 JReacher

Great thread, without having to trawl through 20 pages, can some advise us on what time to get there on the Thursday morning to get a campsite as we havent taken the option of the A3/C3 camping sites when booking our tickets!

We were thinking pretty damn early!

JReacher wrote: »
    Great thread, without having to trawl through 20 pages, can some advise us on what time to get there on the Thursday morning to get a campsite as we havent taken the option of the A3/C3 camping sites when booking our tickets!

Well all of the campsites are open from 8am. What campsite are you thinking of staying in? Tbh you don't need to be really early. If you are there before noon, you should get a comfy spot in almost any campsite you choose.

I stayed in A1 last year, i thought it was a good campsite. It's nearer to the festival ground than most of the campsites and has it's own showers so you won't have to join the masses in A3 should you need a shower ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 little_miss_sun

JReacher wrote: »

I was in A3 last year, savage campsite. I was central to everything festival and haacht.

I'm staying in Leuven the night before so that I can go down early in the morning to get set up. Last year we arrived at about 2ish and the hassle in collecting bands etc was terrible. There was no queue to queue in it was just a mass of people trying to get tickets all at once!! We haven't booked our campsite ticket either because there is a massive group of us and we don't want anyone split up.

I'd recommend that you go early ie arrive for 9 if you can, it makes all the difference. Others who were with us last year arrived at that time and they had no hassle.

Enjoy the festival

Theres always going to be a bit of ques on the first day as theres about 80,000 people arriving!

I hate the trek from the train station in Leuven to the werchter bus. There does be some queue there! But usually a few free ice cold cokes and sweets to munch on so i can deal with it :pac:
    Celticas:
    Will it be back in time:D?!

Sadly it won't :( I emailed the owner the other day, he's not expecting to be open by the 1st, he said towards the end of July is a more realistic re-opening time!

I think it was back in '07 you recommended a bar to me called Shakers? I've tried unsuccesfully to find this place about twice now in the past year haha, is it still open? And how do i find it....i remember something about big jugs of cocktails :p

Gazza22 wrote: »
    I hate the trek from the train station in Leuven to the werchter bus. There does be some queue there! But usually a few free ice cold cokes and sweets to munch on so i can deal with it :pac:

Sadly it won't :( I emailed the owner the other day, he's not expecting to be open by the 1st, he said towards the end of July is a more realistic re-opening time!

I think it was back in '07 you recommended a bar to me called Shakers? I've tried unsuccesfully to find this place about twice now in the past year haha, is it still open? And how do i find it....i remember something about big jugs of cocktails :p

Jaysus that was miserable, myself and my friends were on the beer all day and night beforehand in brussels and leuven, by the time the busses came the next morning we were like zombies. It wasn't nice queuing in a crowd of thousands in the rain that morning then squashing onto the bus, things like that build character though :D

lads,

does anyone know a cheap, decent enough hotel I can stay in on the 1st?

budgemook wrote: »
    lads,

Just get a few beers and have an all-nighter in leuven :pac:

Jaysus that was miserable, myself and my friends were on the beer all day and night beforehand in brussels and leuven, by the time the busses came the next morning we were like zombies. It wasn't nice queuing in a crowd of thousands in the rain that morning then squashing onto the bus, things like that build character though :D

Ah i know the feeling, the first year i went to RW stands out though. I was in celticas guzzling down 9.5% Westmalle all night. I woke up in a complete heap, my bag weighed a tonne. When i eventually made it to Leuven and saw this massive queue...i was just thinking oh ffs when will it end! :(:pac:
    Yeah its a bar that does big cocktails/shakers for really cheap, its not the biggest place but its great!

Its called Coaster, the address is 28 Rue des Riches Claires. Its about 5 or so mins walk from Celticas, basically if your standing outside Celticas, turn right and walk down the big road called Anspach or something, past the Bourse metro stop untill you see Rue des Riches Claires. Google maps would probally be the best way to explain :pac:

edit: found a website with a map http://www.seetiz.be/en/bars/brussels/98-coaster.

Cheers Mr.S! I need to find a few new watering holes this year :D. I'm going to try Delirium to see what all the fuss is about and then on to that Coaster place i think.

I was convinced the bar was called Shakers haha, even at Christmas just gone, i was in Brussels for a few nights. I was wandering around between Bourse and Grand Place (pretty drunk i might add) asking randomers with broken French where 'Shakers' was. The shame

If you have time to kill in Brussels at night check out:

Rock City (cheap shots! Bar/nightclub) - Forgot the exact road, but its straight across from DNA.
    DNA (club/bar) Rue Plattesteen.
    Delirium (loads of differnet beers). http://www.deliriumcafe.be/
    O'Reilly's Irish bar (and theres New O'Reilly's in between Celticas and Coaster :pac:) http://www.oreillys.com/brussels/index.htm & http://www.oreillys.com/brussels/nua/index.htm
    Gallery Louise - Biiiig nightclub, but very expensive for drink, like €8 for vodka coke. http://www.louisegallery.com/
    YOU - Nightclub/Bar - cheap and busy. Rue Duquesnoy (spelling!)
    Delirium can be a very, very messy place for a night;) Once you see the menu, you'll see what i mean:D

If you get bored, theres a nice Absinthe bar down the road from it :pac:

Thanks again! I'm spending the night in Brussels as i do every year so that list will come in handy! :D Yeah i have heard about the menu there, is it true there is something like 2,000 beers!! :D...mmm lovely Belgian beer
    budgemook wrote:

As the lads have said, it's not really worth it.

But if your like me and insist on staying in Brussels the night before :p, this year there is a really good deal for the Aris Hotel just off Grand Place. It's €55 for the night but couple that with a €20 Expedia voucher from the Bargain Alerts forum here, it should only work out at approx €45 with Expedia's price.

That's a steal for a midweek 3* room just off Grand Place.

Yeah theres 2000+ beers, its gass, they have the menu on the website if your up for a long nights read;)

Just give me a Leffe Neuf or a Hoegaarden Grand Cru and i'm a happy man! Thanks i'll check that out.

The countdown is on, 15 days people :D

Just back from town, got a 6 man tent in millets for 100 euro reduced from 200 absolute bargain, delighted with that!

• Advertisement

Nice, that was a good price. You will have plenty of space or is there a big group of ye going? I got a really nice 4 man there last year it's a good store.

Advertisement