Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Yeah bargain alright, there's only 4 of us going too so there'll be space for bags and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Got the really cheap €11 one in Argos on sale... I hopoe it doesn't melt in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

It's far too early to take weather reports serious buuut...

From looking at some 15 day forecasts, we may have a wet Saturday and Sunday! :( Let's hope not but the 15 day forecasts last year from AccuWeather were pretty accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

RE: Partying all night in Leuven.
    ~If I were to go to Leuven to party all night without getting a hostel there... where would one stow all the gear, tents and sh!te?
    Can't really go around with back pack all night long can I?

P.S: Is there anyway of charging phones/cameras in RW?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

There are consignment lockers in the train station in Leuven.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Bill-e wrote: »
    P.S: Is there anyway of charging phones/cameras in RW?

Phones yes. There are several charging stations dotted about the place. Only problem I had was only one connection on the whole site that worked with my phone. Knackers broke the rest :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sinners19

Not that we got to use them last year, Like Mossy said Knackers ripped them all off last year! Went 4 days without a phone!! Nightmare!

Yep, did the same. And people seemed content to spend HOURS sitting at the stations, when all you want is 5 mins to make frantic calls!!

There are consignment lockers in the train station in Leuven.

We crash at the station for the night, but all the lockers are usually full by the time we get there... about 11.30pm on Wednesdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

whats the story with the free train tickets?

• Advertisement

budgemook wrote: »
    whats the story with the free train tickets?

Well the Belgian transport is free to/from the festival. For the train, you need to print an E-Ticket. To get yours, enter the NMBS code on your ticket here.

Ah this week is flying in...yesss! :D

What is the departure station for the train ticket? If its of any help I am flying into Brussels on the morning of the festical with Aer Lingus

Gazza22 wrote: »
    Well the Belgian transport is free to/from the festival. For the train, you need to print an E-Ticket. To get yours, enter the NMBS code on your ticket here.

Ah this week is flying in...yesss! :D

Cheers for that. Yep it's flying in alright. Bring on the madness!

My buddy says the free travel only works from the 2nd... No good for the 1st. Is that true? I hope not!

thats what i heard too.

From the email that was sent out
    Outbound departure is possible from Thursday 2nd July until the (last) day of validity of your e-festival ticket. The return journey is possible until Monday 6th July 2009 inclusive.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    What is the departure station for the train ticket? If its of any help I am flying into Brussels on the morning of the festical with Aer Lingus

With Aer Lingus you will be flying into Zaventem airport. The railway station is under the airport building.

Your departure station is Bruxelles-Nat-Aeroport. Oh and i just checked for you, your flight arrives at half 9 - there is trains to Leuven at 10.17 & 10.39 so you won't be waiting long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sinners19

Incase nobodies noticed...

On the Rock Werchter Website, they have photos up of the progress of them building the stages!! The Pyramid marquee already appears to be already finished! So counting down the days now!

Roll on next wednesday, Will be sitting in Brussels with a nice big Kriek Lol...:D:D See ya all there!! ;):):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

Mossy Monk wrote: »

Similar question to above, what is the departure station from Brussels? Flying into Charleroi with Ryanair

Similar question to above, what is the departure station from Brussels? Flying into Charleroi with Ryanair

Your departure station will be Charleroi Sud and you will change trains in Brussels Nord or Midi to Leuven depending on what train you are on.

• Advertisement

Flying into Brussells night before. What's the train station from city centre? Near Grand square or whatever its called.

Flying into Brussells night before. What's the train station from city centre? Near Grand square or whatever its called.

Are you travelling to Leuven that night yeah? There's three main train stations in the city centre. Nord, Midi/Sud & Centraal. The one near Grand Place is Brussel-Centraal. You can get a direct train to Leuven from any one.

no we are spending the night in Brussels, make a holiday out of it. Plus we are picking up some green the day before too. Booked Centraal on my ticket, cheers.

no we are spending the night in Brussels, make a holiday out of it. Plus we are picking up some green the day before too. Booked Centraal on my ticket, cheers.

Ah right, that's what we are doing too. I just remembered i recommended a hotel on Grand Place to you earlier on this thread. I presume you booked it then :pac:

Ah right, that's what we are doing too. I just remembered i recommended a hotel on Grand Place to you earlier on this thread. I presume you booked it then :pac:

Oh yeah that was you. Cheers for that but we actually got somewhere a bit cheaper 500 metres from Grand Place off lastminute.com. Should be fine. What time are you leaving Brussels Thursday morning? Also, you've been before yeah? Any good spots for drinks Wed night? 'Tis my first time.

Oh yeah that was you. Cheers for that but we actually got somewhere a bit cheaper 500 metres from Grand Place off lastminute.com. Should be fine. What time are you leaving Brussels Thursday morning? Also, you've been before yeah? Any good spots for drinks Wed night? 'Tis my first time.

There's plenty of hotel bargains in Brussels this year :). Yeah this will be my third year! We're leaving for Leuven early on Thursday, probably around 8am as the gf wants to get a good camping spot!

There used to be a great bar called Celtica but it's closed at the moment so i'm off to find some new places to drink in this year. There's a bar called Delirium which is meant to be good. Stocks 2,000 beers! :D

Here's a good post from Mr.S on this thread with a few decent spots.

About getting good camping site... Do you think near the entrance is a good/bad idea or would the outskirts of the camp site be good or wah?

Where would be most strategic?

There's plenty of hotel bargains in Brussels this year :). Yeah this will be my third year! We're leaving for Leuven early on Thursday, probably around 8am as the gf wants to get a good camping spot!

There used to be a great bar called Celtica but it's closed at the moment so i'm off to find some new places to drink in this year. There's a bar called Delirium which is meant to be good. Stocks 2,000 beers! :D

Here's a good post from Mr.S on this thread with a few decent spots.

Ah yeah well being honest i'm sure there will be no problem finding somewhere to get tipsy. Leaving the girlfriend behind myself so will be going extra mad. Prob gonna get the train about 8 also. Cheers.

Bill-e wrote: »
    About getting good camping site... Do you think near the entrance is a good/bad idea or would the outskirts of the camp site be good or wah?

Where would be most strategic?

There's only two golden rules:

1. Stay away from the entrance perimeter, on the road side of the camp. People piss there!

2. Stay away from all the sink/washing area as it gets very wet and muddy around there. Obviously stay away from the toilets too! :p

Here's a map to help you, showing this years A camping sites and the festival ground.

mapfest.jpg

• Advertisement

got a map of c3 there by any chance?

Advertisement