Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tv card in my pc, coax out - can it pick up rte?

• 06-11-2008 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭

hp pavilion with media centre, i ran through the vista media centre setup and on a scan it doesn't appear to pick up any stations with a rabbit ear antenna, is there something else needed, any thoughts appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well if it's Coax out - Then no - That's an output, you need Coax in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

it takes a coax, I can plug rabbit ears antenna in, microsft meadia centra doesnt pick up any stations, it may be only set up for cable service:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

it takes a coax, I can plug rabbit ears antenna in, microsft meadia centra doesnt pick up any stations, it may be only set up for cable service:pac:

AFAIK cable service uses the same frequencies. Sounds like something's amiss. I have a TV card with an antenna plugged into it and it works fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I had a probem with media center not picking up any channels even thought other programs would.I downloaded MCE_plug-in and it works fine now.I cant remember where i got it from,if you cant find it pm me and i can mail it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

on air on pc, good fun, :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Your welcome,enjoy:)

Advertisement