Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Panel 2008

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

At least he's a comedian.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

Who the fux whas that bald fella? missed the start. But was it Jarleth whazzizname? And Charlie Bird seemed fairly nervous doin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

hacx wrote: »
    Who the fux whas that bald fella? missed the start. But was it Jarleth whazzizname? And Charlie Bird seemed fairly nervous doin it.

he was ian coppinger...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

At least he's a comedian.

you saw my hero didn't you

he was ian coppinger...
    Jaysus he fucxin sounds like Jarleth an all. It seems his unfunnyness has made an impression on me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

anybody get this show to play on rte.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭seclachi

I watched the repeat of the one where charlie bird was the guest panellist. I thought it was pretty funny, but I think it doesn't compare to its heyday with dara o'brian. Andrew maxwell is fantastic however.

Anyway, it was weird having charlie bird on with kenny egan, he went "god your a big boy" and touched him on the sholder a few times (it was going from haha a gay joke to "is he gay ?". It pretty much the only amusing thing I saw him do that show, hes an odd choice.

why was delamre dressed like stalin with his moustache and blue workers shirt.

He drank a big mug of hot chocolate before recording started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭anonymousman

Cannot stand Andrew Maxwell, his accent, his chip on his shoulder ABOUT people with that accent ("i haysh soushsoiders"), his contrivances, his (scary) rants, his unlikeability, his predictable/boring/sub-standard views "americawns ore loike... theck".

Sound effects and shouting does not equal funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Hate Maxwell, he fancies under 18 teenage girls

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

who doesnt?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

zuchum wrote: »
    who doesnt?

Charlie Bird.

And last week's show was the pits.

I will not be watching the rest of the series.

he fancies under 18 teenage girls
    Which is perfectly legal up to the age of 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

victim?

Daithi O'Shea or whatever his second name is, is tonight's guest host.

Can't really understand what he's saying, but the show seams livelier :cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Are there subtitles on 888?

Haven't a clue what the big muck savage is saying :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Is Karl Spain trying to bring back the combover?

TBH it has turned into Maxwell's Panel this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Andrew Maxwell is absolutely suffocating this bit. I've heard barely two lines from anyone else (which is probably a blessing for Karl Spain sufferers!)

Seriously needs to get off his high horse...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Well as seen as the show is recorded I'd guess that Maxwell was probably the only one saying anything funny that's why he was featured the most. I'd be very surprised if each guest was only interviewed for 5 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

maxwell is seriously doing my head in tonight. He wont shut up and let anyone else talk.

The muck savage is funny when he gets a word in, the reason you cant understand him is he has to say his bit quickly coz maxwell will be in again once he has taken his sip of water.

The only reason the chick in the blue top is on is coz she's a bit of a hottie.

And what did they bring that ballet bitch on for. im sorry but she comes across as a complete bitch all the time. She reminds me of my history teacher from school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Declan30

Diathi o shea was terrible tonight. He wasnt funny at all and tried to force his jokes on people.
    why cant colin murphy host the show seems to be the best for it.
    rte doing their best to ruin another great show again.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

syklops wrote: »
    maxwell is seriously doing my head in tonight. He wont shut up and let anyone else talk.

I was at the recording yesterday. He didnt talk anymore thna anyone else. Less in fact. Editing takes care of the rest obviously.

The interviews with the guests went on for about 15-20 mins.

The whole thing went on for about 2 1/2 hours. Was surprised it was that long tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yupya1

Bring back seoige, that o'shea lad is crap dont what he is saying and what i can make out is not funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I really enjoyed it tonight. A far cry from last weeks embarrassment. That Aoibhinn one needs to be sacked though. She contributes nothing more than dimples and a pretty smile. Two things I think the Panel can survive without.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Nightwish wrote: »
    I really enjoyed it tonight. A far cry from last weeks embarrassment. That Aoibhinn one needs to be sacked though. She contributes nothing more than dimples and a pretty smile. Two things I think the Panel can survive without.

She actually came outr with ssome really intelligent stuff a few times. Was'nt really funny stuff though, so I'm assumeing it got cut (was out so didnt see the final cut that aired)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

It needs Dara O'Briain back...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I knew the dubs would be complaining about not being able to understand a proper Irish accent.

Fairly good show, I liked the buffer in charge.

• Advertisement

i mean it wasn't just the accent, its the voice.... wierd.

was that marge simpson there.

maxwell funny and intelligent at the same time. beat that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement