Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom, 3mb speed

• 06-11-2008 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Can anybody tell me if the new 7mb speed broadband is available in Kinnegad Co Westmeath. I have 3mb speed at the mo. For an extra 5 Euro it would be worth it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Im also in Kinnegad and I have the "7mb" line.

In the two months I have it I have been on to eircom no less than 5 times. The speed is nothing short of a disgrace and eircom have done little but escalate to the engineering dept.

Latest speedtest results are d/l 338kps u/p 256 and a ping of 123ms.

Can anybody help??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭steamjetjoe

wingnut32 wrote: »
    Im also in Kinnegad and I have the "7mb" line.

In the two months I have it I have been on to eircom no less than 5 times. The speed is nothing short of a disgrace and eircom have done little but escalate to the engineering dept.

Latest speedtest results are d/l 338kps u/p 256 and a ping of 123ms.

Can anybody help??

My speed was not that bad but this evening so far its very bad. Just done a speed test ( d/l 149kps & u/p 189kps ping 308ms. Might give them a buzz tomorrow and look into getting the 7mb package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

I upgraded to 7mb yesterday and it's worse than the 3mb! 22 kps at the moment, got to the dizzy heights of 78 earlier, which is what the 3mb was. Is there a known issue with 7mb? Should I go back to 3mb??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lil_missy

I'm just after ordering the 3mb eircom broadband so fingers crossed. Speed depends a lot on how far you are from the exchange. The engineer came out and told me that I should get very good speeds as the house is very close to the exchange.

Advertisement