Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M4A To MP3

• 06-11-2008 11:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

Anyone point me towards a reliable M4A To MP3 converter (preferable free)?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Converting between lossy formats like that (assuming your m4a's are AAC, not Apple Lossless) will end up with significant loss in quality. I wouldn't recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Converting between lossy formats like that (assuming your m4a's are AAC, not Apple Lossless) will end up with significant loss in quality. I wouldn't recommend it.

The issue is with one song that I can not get in any other format & I mean anywhere ;)

I'm sure the loss would not be that great & even if there was I still need it in MP3 format.

I know I can pull a freebie to do the one tune but while I was at it I thought someone out there would know of a good one for future use.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

itunes will do it

also try http://www.zamzar.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭quaidox

i used to use freerip to convert from m4a to mp3, but i just tried to do it again there now using the software as i haven't used it in a while, and it doesn't recognise the m4a format now. maybe because it is the free version and the trial period has ran out??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭quaidox

itunes will do it

also try http://www.zamzar.com
    just tried that zamzar site, and it's work fine, so thanks a lot for posting the link!! s

• Advertisement

no problem, just for future references, it does many video formats aswell, and you can use it to download videos from youtube!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Foobar will do it also. Advantage of using foobar is that it uses lame.

foobar will do which convert mp3 or download youtube?

also whats lame?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

foobar will do which convert mp3 or download youtube?

also whats lame?
    Convert between media formats.

Lame is considered to be the best mp3 encoder out there.

Advertisement