Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed about my departed pet...

Options
  • 06-11-2008 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Today my beloved 3-yr-old rabbit died... He was very brave but in the end, too weak to fight... I still love and will miss you so much my baby...

I was going to bury him in the garden... but as you know, the life of a pet rabbit usually was restricted to their hutch and the garden... so I thought, it would be nice if I have him cremated and scattered his ashes in a lovely open country place and set him free...

Is there any restriction or law in Ireland about this? I don't want to do anything illegal or upset anyone... so any advice will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

For the moment, I believe in a place over the rainbow...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Hi there,
    I'm really sorry to hear about your poor rabbit. I lost my dog of 14 years at the start of September so I know how you feel right now.

Here is a link you might find useful.
    http://petcrematoriumireland.com/roi/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NibNib

Thanks for the link, Lauragoesmad. I am really sorry about your dog. It must be so hard especially after 14years. It is already too hard losing my pet of 3 years...

I want to cremate him so I can scatter his ashes. But I don't know whether that is legal, or will doing so offend people at beautiful countryside?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

I can't imagine that anyone would object to you scattering his ashes in the countryside and I don't believe it's illegal (though burying an animal apparently is).

I've heard of some people who scatter most of the ashes and then bury a little bit in a pot with a special plant/flower so they have a somewhere to remember their pet.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NibNib

That sounds like a great idea... He already spent his life time with me... now it's time to set his spirit free...

Thank you for the advice. I will contact the vet 1st thing tomorrow morning and arrange for the cremation...

Thank you... this really means a lot to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

hugs to u Nib

• Advertisement
Advertisement