Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone SMS settings

• 07-11-2008 12:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

A very simple question, but I just got a new phone and the SMS settings haven't come loaded on the phone for some reason. It's a Nokia N95 8gb. I've tried the above link but it only contains the WAP/MMS settings. A bit of an ol' rummage around google hasn't turned up too much either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

besty wrote: »
    Hi all,

A very simple question, but I just got a new phone and the SMS settings haven't come loaded on the phone for some reason. It's a Nokia N95 8gb. I've tried the above link but it only contains the WAP/MMS settings. A bit of an ol' rummage around google hasn't turned up too much either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hey

Try the following - The number at the end is the needs to be imputed if it is not there. (Yes it is not the length of a normal number but it is correct)

menu/messaging/options/settings/text message/message centres/smsc1/+35387699989

Now if that number is there then it is one of two things

You have lost the ablity on the network (Highly unlikely but possible)

Or

Your sim card is too old to support messages on the phone. Back to the store and get a newer sim card. (Has your sms worked at all in the new phone? If not i say the new sim will sort you out)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I think that's done the trick miceal. Thanks a million.

Boards does it again!

Advertisement