Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Television in charlesland 2 bed house

Options
  • 07-11-2008 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I am living in a two bed in the court and currently have my television on a unit beside the fireplace (where the original tv point is)

Can anyone advise if they have managed to put a television on the wall opposite the window? There is currently a radiator on this wall is it OK to put a TV above this if you put a radiator cover on? or would you have to remove the radiator (in which case i wouldn't do it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

I've done it and its fine...

I mounted a sheet of MDF, just smaller than the tele to the wall to get a good fix and then mount the tele to the MDF, otherwise the weight of the tele will be no match for the plaster board..

The heat from the rad doesn't be a problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Johnny K

Sounds fairly promising. Thanks:)
    Was there much work in getting a tv socket over there?

When the house was being built we asked NTL to put over that side.
    I'm sure they'll do it for a small fee for you but you'll probably be waiting till the end of time for them to come out to you..
    Other than that, you maybe able to run underneath the skirting boards..
    Fortantly we ran all wires and cable before the floor was laid...

Cheers for the info wish i had got it done in advance.

If the builders had any sense they would have put the radiator under the window and the tv stuff on that wall.

Thanks again

Johnny K wrote: »
    Cheers for the info wish i had got it done in advance.

If the builders had any sense they would have put the radiator under the window and the tv stuff on that wall.

Thanks again

Well not really, not the best place to have a radiator near the window, Also not everyone would/could purchase a wall mountable flat screen..

I strongly recommend using MDF as a backing board unless you manage to find fixings in the timber frame work behind the plaster other wise the force of the tele will just pop any fixng through and will all end up on the floor..:eek:

Best of luck..

• Advertisement

Normally i would agree about the radiator but since the room leads directly upstairs with no door that's where most of the heat goes.

Don't worry won't try nail it to the plasterboard :D the missus would kill me if i left a hole in the wall

Advertisement