Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to check NTL monthly quota

Options
  • 07-11-2008 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Where can I check my monthly usage of NTL quota (20GB)?

I've used Digiweb's and BT's before and both are good enough, BT being the better marginally.

But despite much search on the NTL/UPC website and googling I can't find a link to tell me how much I've used per month! :confused:

Anyone know where I might find this?

Many thanks,
    72oo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

There is no where to check with UPC , which package are you with ? 20 GB seems quite small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Randi

There is no where to check with UPC , which package are you with ? 20 GB seems quite small.

I rang UPC about that a while back, I was told that they dont have a way of checking how much you have download but they are "working" on it. Not sure if it true or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Its amazing to think they don't have a way yet.

Although after dealing with the idiots in customer service it would make sense.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

If you have a quoto of 20GB per month, then you are obviously on the 3mb package as there are no limits on their 10 & 20 meg packages. Unless you are not going way over the 20gb allowances then you should be fine, however, if you are consistently abusing your limits, they will send you out a letter, and offer to move you up to their next package.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Aquos76 wrote: »
    If you have a quoto of 20GB per month, then you are obviously on the 3mb package as there are no limits on their 10 & 20 meg packages. Unless you are not going way over the 20gb allowances then you should be fine, however, if you are consistently abusing your limits, they will send you out a letter, and offer to move you up to their next package.

Ok. Well I'm using BitMeter2 with the ISP restrictions option running on that, so that should keep me informed about traffic.

Two more questions that you might be able to help me with:

1) Is the 20Gb for both up and down stream traffic?

2) Do NTL shape the traffic or port block to prevent p2p networking (torrents, etc.) ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

it is believed that UPC to throttle traffic but keep that discussion to here please - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055334444

Advertisement