Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

food/weight problem??

• 07-11-2008 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, wondering if anyone can relate/opinions on the following?

i'm a 23 year old girl 5ft 3 and weigh 9st 13lbs, i really want to lose weight and its been getting me down lately, i feel like a beached whale i know im about a stone and a half overweight, i also know why i can't lose the weight, i eat way too much crap, by that i mean fizzy drinks and chocolate. Don't get me wrong I'm not looking for an easy fix here, i know its about diet and exercise, exercise isn't the problem food is. I went on a diet about a year ago and lost a bit of weight, gave up eating crap chocolate, and stuff didn't bother me in the slightest felt so so much better eating healthy foods but put it back on again cos i just let myself fall back into old habits.

Anyway im rambling slightly....

lately i've tried eating healthily again but nothing tastes nice anymore. its like i've gone off food completely. I find myself in work at lunchtimes not bothering getting food because i'm just not hungry, then i'll come home and have a headache from not eating but im still not hungry??

i'll cook something which i think looks nice but even after going to all the bother of cooking it, i'll take a bite and just think meh..i don't want it. It doesn't matter what it is be it a healthy salad or mcdonalds junk? so i end up having a bar of chocolate not because i want it but because its the only thing that i like the taste of?(i know that sounds ridiculous), even when i force myself to eat some chicken/pasta/salad etc i just can't, i'll get through a few mouthfulls and its like my brain just goes nope i don't want it.....

guess any advice would be appreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Maybe try some new recipes?

Also, your height and weight don't suggest you're overweight - instead of worrying about weight, focus on size... like, if you exercise and eat well, then you should notice your clothes loosening up.

Also try the fitness forum. Best of luck, I know first hand how hard dieting is and to stay on track! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I am going to move this to a better forum for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭STUBBORNGIRL

hi OP

I have the exact same problem as you - and this is the conclusion i have come to. You need to eliminate your taste for chocolate and the only way to do this is to completely stop eating it. THis will require a lot of perseverence! YOu will get savage headaches but this is the withdrawal from Chocolate! You need to proceed without feeding your headaches with Chocolate.

I go to Motivational Weight Management Clinic on Dawson street and one of their CD's "eliminate your taste for sweets" tells you that habits are formed and are hard to break free from but after 3 weeks a habit can be totally changed and i believe that you can give up chocolate but only after 3 weeks of great willpower! thats what its all about. you have trained your mind into thinking that your body needs chocolate when infact it doesnt - A lot of this is pyschological and all you need to do is change your way of thinking! you have convinced yourself you need chocolate when you dont - if you can reverse these negative thoughts then you should be able to nip this in the bud.

Good luck with this - I myself am in the process of doign this and those cd's are very helpful

Please feel free to contact me if you need further advice.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Hi there, I've been dieting for the last two and a half months and honestly that does happen at times. Usually it means that I ate something sweet (leaving me with cravings) or I don't have enough variety in my diet. Like I totally killed stirfrys there a few weeks ago so I stopped eating them for two weeks and then tried them again and it worked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭goofygirl

well the lack of appetite to me sounds like maybe you're not getting enough exercise/fresh air?? i took up distance running about a year and a half ago and since then i've been STARVING! and really, really enjoy my food.

• Advertisement
Advertisement