Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Viewty or Samsung Tocca

• 07-11-2008 12:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭

Interested in these two phones, want a touch-screen phone for a change. Anybody have one? Any good etc? Im on Meteor. Know 3 have the new LG Renoir which I would like but dont know about changing over to another network, am out of contract with Meteor

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

i'm also in the same situation, i think there's more meteor phones coming out later this month, if that's any help...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

DonFred wrote: »
    Interested in these two phones, want a touch-screen phone for a change. Anybody have one? Any good etc? Im on Meteor. Know 3 have the new LG Renoir which I would like but dont know about changing over to another network, am out of contract with Meteor

Cheers

Vodafone are doing the tocco and now the viewty as well ;) though I'd tend to go for the newer model, I think text entry's better on the viewty?! And it's loads cheaper... Sorry that is all. Neither of the 2 interests me, so I only played instore with a tocco, and it seemed alright-ish, but not my cup of tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

You can't install programs on the Tocco so that would rule it out for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

long_b wrote: »
    You can't install programs on the Tocco so that would rule it out for me.

Not even java apps like o.m.?
    And the viewty? I've seen o.m. on it; what else can you install?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭philidub

I've had the viewty for about two months and am very happy with it.
    Battery life could be better.

Lots of info on Viewty here http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_ku990_viewty-review-167.php

Rgds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

ive had a viewty for nearly a year.

txting is easy, but the phone itself is only average, touchscreen isnt as responsive as it should be, and the lock key is incredibly annoying..when u make a call it keeps locking itself..also in the last couple of months its been freezing every now and then which means u have to take out the battery and start from sctratch.
    camera and flash is superb tho.

dont know much about the tocco, used one , it feels nicer in the hand as its slimmer, touch screen seemed more responsive but my mate who owns it said that the call quality isnt great..hes told me 'not to buy it if u make a lot of calls'' he doesnt and he told me its the best phone hes had so far..

either way id go with a renoir or an omnia..they have wifi and auto rotating sceens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

strecker wrote: »
    Not even java apps like o.m.?
    And the viewty? I've seen o.m. on it; what else can you install?

My bad. Runs java apps, but badly. So Steve Litchfield says. He's deadly.

Advertisement