Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i enter on a one way flight to oz?

Options
  • 07-11-2008 1:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

i've already done my years visa but want to go back to work again. i know in the states if you dont have a return flight they make it tough to enter. does anybody know if this is the case with australia also?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Are you sponsered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 SkintEastwood

nope, just going to meet up with friends. going illegal and hoping it all works out. what are my chances of getting sponsorship without a trade? like could i get one on the back of a business degree? i really haven't done any planning for this as you might have noticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

nope, just going to meet up with friends. going illegal and hoping it all works out. what are my chances of getting sponsorship without a trade? like could i get one on the back of a business degree? i really haven't done any planning for this as you might have noticed.

I'm not sure if you have to have a flight out or not, but you could buy a cheap flight to NZ just to make sure, and then either use it or not.
    No reason why you wouldn't be sponsored once you're here, they're not only given to trades-people.

great call with the flight to nz, would never of thought of that meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

i've already done my years visa but want to go back to work again. i know in the states if you dont have a return flight they make it tough to enter. does anybody know if this is the case with australia also?

No you don't need one, they may ask you for one, if you say no, then they may ask for proof of funds to get back to Ireland etc.

so if you arrive with no money + no flights = kicked home (if they suspect you)

• Advertisement

think i'll go with the flight to nz option. anybody have any experience with working illegaly in melbourne? i always worked above board on my first trip, is it easy to find work or is competition for illegal jobs fierce?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

lol keep an eye out on Border Patrol, folks! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

think i'll go with the flight to nz option. anybody have any experience with working illegaly in melbourne? i always worked above board on my first trip, is it easy to find work or is competition for illegal jobs fierce?

Please do not ask about illegal jobs here ... the thread will be locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

As Hussey said. Please don't ask for advice on illegal activity. If you do not have a visa to legally go to Aus/NZ, you should not be going there and we cannot give you advice on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement