Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some tips please !

• 07-11-2008 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

I made a short video today using my SE K850 mobile phone, it has a 5MP camera. The quality is ok, but when I want record something close-up the quality is quite bad. Just tried a Sony Cyber-shot which is 7.2MP, but get poor quality when close to an object even with Macro on. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced camera for close-up recording?, I'm looking to record images/text on my PC screen.

Also what software could I use for editing my videos?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced camera for close-up recording?, I'm looking to record images/text on my PC screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

The video on the SE850 is only qvga... or 320x240 pixels irrespective of it being a 5mp camera - in short video will always look s**t*.

You'd be better off using screen capture software to record from a pc screen rather than a camera....

What I need it for is to make videos of me unlocking mobile phones, so I'd need a camera to show what I'm physically doing with a phone + what I'm doing on screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Where are you based? Maybe get someone on here to help you out. Get the videos done well and you should get more customers.. probably ;)

m83 wrote: »
    Where are you based? Maybe get someone on here to help you out. Get the videos done well and you should get more customers.. probably ;)
    I liked your first reply;

"I'd recommend getting a decent webcam for this."

:D

That's a good idea, simple but effective ;). As for hiring someone, that could be a possibility in the future ;).

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

lol, i rethunk it;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Trouche

i wanted to create a video for my website and i found that it was quite a lot easier and not as expensive as i thought to hire someone with a good camera to shoot the video, than for me to use a piece of crap that will be obsolete by the time i bring it home.

3en.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

use nokia

Advertisement