Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stars steps

Options
  • 07-11-2008 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm just wondering do many people on here play these. I've only started to play them recently and I find the first 4 steps are quite soft. Most players seem to be inexperienced with turbo sng's and are not applying ICM strategy in the end game. I've manged to bank a step 6 ticket and a few step 4's which I am using for the $215 sunday majors. Step 6's are very slow to start up and are usually filled with highly ranked p5'ers so its quite intimidating. Anybody had any luck with these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

usually pretty soft before something big like the wcoop or the wsop

I expect they're a good bit tougher now with all the transferable tickets and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Tribezz

RoundTower wrote: »
    usually pretty soft before something big like the wcoop or the wsop

I expect they're a good bit tougher now with all the transferable tickets and so on.

Def have got more attention and become tougher since the tickets have become transferable, were soft enough before.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I agree they have got tougher since the tickets have become transferable,the LAPT seep 6 is great value with 3 seats up for grabs.I have played step 6 LAPT twice and just missed out on a ticket both times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Get very soft around WSOP time haven't played them since June so not sure about how the standard have changed.

Lost heads up for a main event ticket last time out. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭irishpokeronlin

got to ept step 6 a few times.. 3rd, 3rd and 4th sigh.

ICM doesn't apply in step 6 due to teh payout struct obv.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bannanababy14

i took down a PCA package 2 weeks ago. im only a recreational player who enjoys playing 5/10 dollar sng's. only took one step back on the way and was only going to play for ept prague cos of 2 packages on offer but logged on and saw that table had 8 players ,so i said f**k it and go for it,only cost me $7.50. had no strategy as such,tight enough early on and then moved up a gear or two. heads up was interesting to say the least,and after winning a huge pot racing with 10 10 v KQ i had 26630 chips to his 370. however within ten hands he had chip lead:confused:. couldnt believe wot was happening but thankfully i kept my nerve and took it down with a major sweat. my 22 v 75 clubs. flop Qc 8c Js turn 6h:eek:.omg flush draw,up and down and two overs,but the Qd on the river and happy days. so if i can take one down there is hope for us all. good luck:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Tribezz

Well done man!!!!!!!!

Nice score!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭ozpoker

ICM doesn't apply in step 6 due to teh payout struct obv.

Care to elaborate on this statement?

Advertisement