Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Tool, Hidden Things in Music

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I've just completely fallen out of love with them. Nothing of note since Lateralus. And I saw them live twice and they were quintessentially boring as hell twice.
    Still love the earlier stuff. Though not the earliest.
    Wow. I know stuff about music that happened after 1983.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

ZakAttak wrote: »

Take themselves way too seriously, as though they're here to educate us in something.

everything else you posted was your opinion, and while i may disagree with it, you're entitled to it. however the day you think tool take themselves too seriously is the day they've fooled you. i can give you a few examples where they most certainly dont take themselves seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Indeed, they've always struck me as a band with a rich sense of humour running through what they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I think its easy to look at listen to the songs and think they're preachy. I dont think they are though,I mean Maynard is putting out what he thinks but I dont think he's really trying to say "You shouldn't be this way"

But at the same time I could definitely see him as the only one wjo'd be an a**hole :p

They make great music and thats the main thing

Also, they always struck me as a band where the guitar takes the back seat.Way more orientated around the drums and bass,( and of course the vocals) which I like. My friend doesnt agree at all but thats just what I got from them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I heard off a lad once that tools music is designed so that if child molesters and rapist hear it they become uncomfortable.

That lad is a muppet

Advertisement