Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Todays IT

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

To be fair, Flanagan was the one who gave us the above information, without being asked, because he thought it was linked to an earlier PQ we'd asked about.

This ain't the states just yet, and their black/white view of this isn't the best (just look at how they treated Dan Cooper recently). Even if it's a dark shade, there's still some gray out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

This ain't the states just yet, and their black/white view of this isn't the best (just look at how they treated Dan Cooper recently). Even if it's a dark shade, there's still some gray out there.
    [/QUOTE]

Sorry Sparks..Dan Cooper???:confused:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Yup, Charles Flanagan has said that he was misquoted in that Examiner article a while back and he has no beef with licensed firearms owners.

Deasy is a one man show. Remember his insisting on smoking in the Dail bar after the smoking ban came in?

Kind of rich to be invoking the law in this case and publicly ignoring it when it impacts on his 'freedoms' :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Dan Cooper, founder of Cooper Arms in the US. Publicly endorsed Barack Obama in the US after the NRA had endorsed McCain. Cooper Firearms' board then fired him and a lot of the more rabid folks over there made out like he'd betrayed all firearms owners everywhere.
    NOT looking to raise this specific case as a topic, by the way, just saying that we'd like to be less bipolar ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

rrpc wrote: »
    Yup, Charles Flanagan has said that he was misquoted in that Examiner article a while back and he has no beef with licensed firearms owners.

Deasy is a one man show. Remember his insisting on smoking in the Dail bar after the smoking ban came in?

Kind of rich to be invoking the law in this case and publicly ignoring it when it impacts on his 'freedoms' :eek:

Well said rrpc, just let 1 F.G. come to my door, Deasy is just an arrogant xxxxxxxxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Yes he can afford to be as his main competition is Martin Cullen. What is it with Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Traumadoc wrote: »
    Yes he can afford to be as his main competition is Martin Cullen. What is it with Waterford?

Tell me about it. angry002xc7.gif

All of a sudden?? Sheesh! That ol rip n read printer in the three nationals can be right bothersome for misquotes.:rolleyes:

But thats the standard "Do as I tell you,dont do as I do",common to most politicans on a anti gun or whatever crusade.:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    All of a sudden?? Sheesh! That ol rip n read printer in the three nationals can be right bothersome for misquotes.rolleyes.gif
    Well seeing as you haven't really got to grips with the "quote, /quote" system yet, surely you'd understand? :D:D

You just quoted yourself :eek:

But seriously, I'm always deeply suspicious of very short quotes stitched together to make a sentence. The Examiner does it all the time.
    But thats the standard "Do as I tell you,dont do as I do",common to most politicans on a anti gun or whatever crusade.:rolleyes:

Indeed :mad:

:D:rolleyes::o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Politician is hypocrite. Who'da thunkit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

With regards to the printed article my local station is in the top 20. Looking to apply for a .22 pistol license soon so thats encouraging.

Hmmm,well seeing that somone is handing out ASFIK confidential information [Is it really in the public intrest or in gun owners saftey for every Tom Dick and Gert to know where the most easiest place is in Ireland to get a handgun legally or otherwise??] to the press.Maybe they might consider handing out what it is like in the other two provinces??:rolleyes:

Advertisement