Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl (Blakestown) among businesses closed over food safety

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It doesn't say what it was for and the store would not have re open with out fixing what ever the breach was.

http://www.fsai.ie/news/press/pr_08/pr20081106.asp
    http://www.irishhealth.com/index.html?level=4&id=14582
    Closure Order - It is issued if in the opinion of the authorised officer, there is or there is likely to be a grave and immediate danger to public health at/or in the food premises. Closures Orders can refer to the immediate closure of all or part of the food premises, or all or some of its activities. The Orders may be lifted when the premises has improved to the satisfaction of the authorised officer. Failure to comply with an Improvement Order may also result in the issuing of a Closure Order.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

It must have been something very serious - usually premises are given warnings and told to clean up their act within a specified period. If they continue to fail, then the closure order is issued.
    I dont see any record of Lidl getting warnings so that makes me think it was something quite bad.

Of course I could be completely wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There are some things which are atomatic shut downs until it is fixed, like a mouse on the premises. If it was mice the store is shut and the extermintors are called in.

Mice happen, my cat has caught 3 of the lil buggers trying to find a home for the winter in my house over the last month.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Here's the enforcement order from the FSAI website. They were closed for one day, but it doesn't give any specific details as to why.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Thaedyal is on the right track, but no mouse was ever actually found, just indications of a mouse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭mobilecore

the inside scoop ...

there was a mouse/rat found in lidl blakestown and the staff were asked to close up and clean to the early hours of the morning.

it also happened recently in march of 2009. however, there was only an indication of they were back. none were found.

thats not to say lidl blakestown is a dirty place. it happens, and they were on top of it.

Advertisement