Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jogging Mates

• 07-11-2008 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm a 31 year old gal in need of a jogging partner(s) preferably female. I am of average fitness i.e haven't been exercising for long and would prefer early morning activity for now. Anyone interested please pm me. Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

Just what I was looking for, but I'm a man. Oh well :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭racso1975

Would be interested in doing a bit of running on weekend mornings if anybody is interested. nothin major 5-10k and most defo not fast!!! but i am also male

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Testicle does a bit of running, although ye would probably make of a show of him.....

/stirs it up!

Hmm running with testicle - sounds like an ad for testicular cancer awareness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Testicle does a bit of running, although ye would probably make of a show of him.....

/stirs it up!

Look now you....

So, what you doing next weekend? Fancy that karting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭shesalady

Thanks everyone for your contributions, would love to take up the jogging with every single one of u, unfortunately i might not be able to convince my partner of the innocence surrounding my hanging out with different male jogging partners, especially one called testicle. :D
    just kidding, but thanks all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

pm sent, i would love to do some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭bottletops

I've not even broken into a jog since the marathon, so I'm need to get moving again.... Any takers for a bit of a jog during the week (evening) or this weekend. Maybe a 5 or 6 miler?

Hey lad I wouldn't mind sorting out something, but the ankle is a bit ****ed at the moment so i wouldn't be able to go jogging for at least the next 2 weeks i'd say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭bottletops

All excuses are now void!!!!

Getting back into a bit of jogging as of tonight. Had a go over Christmas and I was comfortable doing 3 miles in about half hour.

That's where I'm at... and I'm happy to speed up or slow a bit if anyone cares to join me!!

I'm planning 3 evening a week for the next couple of weeks and see from there.... but again I'm flexy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Just to those new to it, make sure you get the right running shoes fitted professionally, not just any old pair, as you stand to ruin your knees and everything else if they are incorrect. Your feet can lean out or in, etc. and it takes a pro shop to do it right.
    Take this from somebody with totalled knees, it is very easy damage them, and not fun trying to repair them!
    Don't mean to scare anybody off it, just offering a slight warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭shesalady

Hi again. Its me, 31 year old female, desperately seeking jogging / running mates. Preferably female. Interested parties pm me. or does anyone know of running clubs in carlow? pls let me know. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

st laurence o'tooles. the running track by askea church, cant miss it!

Advertisement