Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoos and muscle...

Options
  • 07-11-2008 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hello

I have two scenarios I am hoping to get some advice on. They relate to tattoos and the gym. :)

1. If I get a tattoo on my arm, and my muscles grow, will the tattoo look wrecked? If so, are there recommended styles to minimise this sort of impact?

2. If I get a tattoo on my arm, and my muscle shrink, again, will the tattoo look wrecked?

I know these are weird questions, but I am considering getting some tattoos but I don't want them to look weird as I'm a gym freak.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

They're common enough questions, the answers to both would be that as your muscles grow or shrink , your skin stretches accordingly. Only in extreme circumstances would it really matter, such as if you were a beanpole of a man and started hitting the weights HARD and became a monster of a yoke or if you were a house-bound whale and got some stomach surgery so you wouldnt die then you'd have some issues but for the average dude bulking/toning it shouldnt be too much of an issue. No swimming with a new tattoo, be careful cleaning the new tattoo after showering, pat it dry dont scrub. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

quit the gym!
    simple

Advertisement