Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superbowl Winner

• 07-11-2008 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭

Since we are officially into the second half of the season i thought it might be interesting to gauge peoples opinions on who they think will win the superbowl at the half way stage and how those picks work out,so heres a little poll!

the poll will close in 30 days so it will be done before the post season!

Who will win? 55 votes

Steelers
    0%
    Colts
    9%
    P_1themont85Dr.SlurmGreendazehunter164 5 votes
    Cowboys
    9%
    eZe^InkSlinger67davyjoseArthur DaleyKevin11 5 votes
    Giants
    1%
    Trippie 1 vote
    Titans
    43%
    JJnjmurphyThird_Echelonraven136tvnutzFunkyzeitPeyton ManningDaXiSheyjudedeath1234567Sea DevilsSpongey1975premierstoneratinakegMr. GuappabrennaldoDonkeyPokerTourFrankie LeeLightningBoltRoyal Seahawk 24 votes
    Patriots
    16%
    vorbis[Deleted User]jdivisionLuckyLloydFrisbeekev_s88titansIndie18krahsrekop 9 votes
    Chargers
    7%
    patmactallaghtoutlawsHazysReacherCreature 4 votes
    Packers
    7%
    RuggieBearmdwexfordLeslie91chips1234 4 votes
    Eagles
    3%
    PherekydesRichTea 2 votes
    Other, specify!!
    1%
    Karlusss 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

How do you make a poll without listing all of the Division Leaders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

How do you make a poll without listing all of the Division Leaders?

gives me a maximum of 20 options, im not listing all the teams, there is an option for other and....ah whats the point.....:rolleyes:

i was wondering how long it would take

to answer your question directly, click on start a new thread, click the add a poll option, then fill in the questions with whatever the hell you want....

you welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

Titans
    Cool, the Giants are leading so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

kryogen wrote: »
    gives me a maximum of 20 options, im not listing all the teams, there is an option for other and....ah whats the point.....:rolleyes:

i was wondering how long it would take

to answer your question directly, click on start a new thread, click the add a poll option, then fill in the questions with whatever the hell you want....

you welcome

Fair enough. I just thought that there was an intelligent thought process behind the initial thread.

Sorry to put current facts into the debate.

(no emoticons needed here)

Fair enough. I just thought that there was an intelligent thought process behind the initial thread.

Sorry to put current facts into the debate.

(no emoticons needed here)

intelligent thought should probably rule the Cardinals out even though they are current division leaders dont you think?

current form is not what the list is about either

i dont want to derail the thread myself so i will just say that imo the teams listed are all the teams with a semi realistic chance of winning the superbowl, some of the teams on the list dont even have much chance in fairness, one team that was left out but probably deserves an honourable mention is the saints.....maybe.....

i believe the list is a good one, if you dont then you dont need to participate at all sure!

• Advertisement

JJ wrote: »
    Cool, the Giants are leading so far.

yeah i must say im amazed nobody has voted for the cowboys yet!

they are a team that can really go far if with the team they have if they can get the mental part sorted of course lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Chargers
    kryogen wrote: »
    yeah i must say im amazed nobody has voted for the cowboys yet!

they are a team that can really go far if with the team they have if they can get the mental part sorted of course lol

Too little too late for the Cowboys though. They need wins qickly to keep them up there and keep their confidence high. They have problems winning in the playoffs, imagine if they scrape their way in there can't honestly see them do much damage being honest.

Too little too late for the Cowboys though. They need wins qickly to keep them up there and keep their confidence high. They have problems winning in the playoffs, imagine if they scrape their way in there can't honestly see them do much damage being honest.

yeah i was of the same opinion for a long time, and i layed the hell out of them earlier this season when they won 3 and 4 on the bounce :) but i feel if they click they will beat anyone on the day, the offense is amazing when on form and the defense when its up for it is very hard to get through

i wouldnt back them myself, like i said, i have actually layed them for the superbowl but i was surprised nobody would have thought they could win

big ask but look at the giants last year i guess, or the pats in 01! :)

wouldnt i love to see the pats do that again this year! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,902 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I didn't vote, its still wide open imo. I notice you didn't put the Bears, Bucs or the Broncos in the poll. Have you something against names beginning with the letter B?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DBraithwaite

I think the Cardinals will win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Eagles
    eagle eye wrote: »
    I didn't vote, its still wide open imo. I notice you didn't put the Bears, Bucs or the Broncos in the poll. Have you something against names beginning with the letter B?

I would be wholeheartedly surprised were any of those teams to make it even as far as their respective Conference Championships.

eagle eye wrote: »

i lol'd

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Titans
    Giants again for me anyway. They are winning games in a very professional and calculated manner. They never panic and don't ever look like losing games, especially at the moment...

Tennessee Titans are very strong at the moment. I'd have them as my number 2. Can't argue with their 9-0 record.

Chargers
    Tennessee Titans are very strong at the moment. I'd have them as my number 2. Can't argue with their 9-0 record.

Same thing us Pats fans said last year :D:D:D

Giants have a pretty conclusive lead so far anyway in the poll!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Packers
    I voted for San Diego just so i dont jinx Pittsburgh obv.

The Giants still in a commanding lead in the opinion poll at least

i think they are the best all round team in the NFL right now i must admit, but will they run out of steam possibly

i still cant see how nobody gives the Cowboys a squeek! :) if they click they are really a match for anyone, and tonights win was a big step on the way to post season

i just have a feeling about them, but that could be down to the fact that i have layed the ****e out of them with a few guys i know and if they win it it may cost me a small fortune lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I'm sticking with my Bucking Broncos.......well, the Giants did come from nowhere last year !!!

em....just wondering WHY are the Chargers on that list ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Cowboys
    Titans and Giants will run out of steam IMO, particularly the Titans who are, for a 10-0 team, not hugely impressive. Some good 4th Quarter play is the key.
    If they played tomorrow, the Giants would mop the floor with them.

I'm going with the Colts, simply because I'm a fan and it's still early to tell. And I think the Colts will have the experience to make a real push in the Playoffs*

*A win against the Chargers should see them through, as long as they don't blow up against one of the Ohio teams IMO.

Chargers were put on the list when they were still realisticly in with a shout at playoffs, not sure if they are anymore tbh, didnt check the maths

i think if the cowboys pull it together they will be unstoppable...but for me the most impressive team has been the giants, pretty much week in week out on both sides of the ball, its a question of wether they run out of steam or not as another poster said

the titans for me just dopnt have it....i dunno what it is, they are 10-0 but i just dont buy it...they have a pretty soft schedule remaining though and could actually go 16-0 i feel, which will slighlty tarnish my own team doing that last year, albeit hugely more impressively :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭faulk28

Titans
    Giants look at the moment. Team no-one seems to mention, Carolina. Granted, they seem a bit off form at the moment but John Fox seems to have a good set-up there this year.

Chargers
    faulk28 wrote: »
    Giants look at the moment. Team no-one seems to mention, Carolina. Granted, they seem a bit off form at the moment but John Fox seems to have a good set-up there this year.

Panthers wont do it. Their schedule is getting tougher and there are teams that will beat them in the playoffs.

Titans
    Any thoughts on a "Subway Superbowl" between the Giants and the Jets? Be fairly class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Titans
    faulk28 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on a "Subway Superbowl" between the Giants and the Jets? Be fairly class.

There would be a fair bit of hype surrounding that superbowl alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Titans
    Imagine a Subway SuperBowl with New Jersey's own Bruce Springsteen playing at half time! Now that would be epic.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Titans
    Giants all the way IMO. Still hoping for very much an unlikely Redskins one though!!

Chargers
    Funkyzeit wrote: »
    Giants all the way IMO. Still hoping for very much an unlikely Redskins one though!!

I get this funny feeling that says the obvious choices for winning the Bowl wont happen Titans and Giants I just dont see doing it. Especially after watching the Patriots fail last year.

Titans
    Imagine a Subway SuperBowl with New Jersey's own Bruce Springsteen playing at half time! Now that would be epic.....
    Forgot about Springsteen playing. Definitely something I'd like to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Matt Santos

Funny to see people writing off Tennesse already after a tame display against the Jets. I agree with Kryogen in that if Dallas stay fit and fire on the cylinders then nobody could live with them. The injury to Romo looks behind them now and he suddenly found TO over the weekend. Crushing a super accum on the way it must be said!
    Any team that wins a Superbowl start the momentum about now. They say defence wins Superbowls but the offense this year is spectacular in all teams in with the chance.
    My sneak bet to look at is the Atlanta Falcons! Made a huge mark in the sand last weekend and are a young and super ambitious group.

M

• Advertisement

Chargers
    Funny to see people writing off Tennesse already after a tame display against the Jets. I agree with Kryogen in that if Dallas stay fit and fire on the cylinders then nobody could live with them. The injury to Romo looks behind them now and he suddenly found TO over the weekend. Crushing a super accum on the way it must be said!
    Any team that wins a Superbowl start the momentum about now. They say defence wins Superbowls but the offense this year is spectacular in all teams in with the chance.
    My sneak bet to look at is the Atlanta Falcons! Made a huge mark in the sand last weekend and are a young and super ambitious group.

M

See the thing with the Titans the tough teams on their schedule they just had to grind out results, the ravens, the packers, jags on opening day and for some reason the colts didnt turn up. but like the Pats last year they started with a good schedule. And with an underperformed opposition meeting them, the Titans have used this to their advantage grinding out excellent victories. But they will face a stiff test against the top AFC teams in the playoffs. The Jets beating the Titans proved this and the AFC right now has its strong and weak side. Honestly the Patriots and Dolphins could probably take the Titans right now. And the return fixture will be a close encounter. But lets face it the Titans are in the Playoffs and will most likely bypass the wildcard game.

What most people think is not writing them off at all, but the question is asked, Are they going to fall victim the Patriots curse of last year, Get there and Choke? The playoffs breed different games and if the Titans make the bowl and win it everyone will graciously stand up and applaud them for a job well done.

Advertisement