Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-running old instances.

Options
  • 07-11-2008 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

In light of the achievements I am thinking of running some of the old instances again. I am going to a have a 70 hunter soon and I was thinking with the new tenacity build would a level 70 BM hunter with the right pet build be able to tank some of the higher dungeons(lvl 50+)?

I'm thinking a Worm or turtle (maybe even a rhino with WotLK)

The turtle would have spell shield (50% dmg reduction for 12secs every 41secs or so thanks to talents) and this build:

http://www.wowhead.com/?petcalc=McoG0rMzcz

Comments or constructive feedback?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm not sure of what youd need, im in now way up on hunter stuff.

But as regards running old instances, its great fun.

Me and my mate have been two manning all the instances getting achivements, I was seriously impressed. I think we are going to try the coilfang ones tonight.

But its good crack, and achievements i think are starting to grow on people, like the xbox ones, no point, but yet you just want them.

I personally like you want to get all old instance achievements before i hit wotlk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I've run BRD on my hunter solo no probs, only issue that took a while to get used too was getting the pet to grab enough aggro from multiple mobs sometimes. Also found the healing at times on the pet lacking but anyway, never died at all.

Was so used to running instances like that solo with my rogue but the Hunter is perfectly fine also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

im bm but had a break so my hunter tactics are fairly lacking.

got myself a new pet, the 2 headed green thing dripping slime forget its name!!!

sorted talents out for him etc and went off to try dire maul east.

i hadnt been to dm before.

anyways, had no problem taking 3 or 4 mobs at a time except formy pet keeping aggro. seems much easier to pull aggro nowadays.

i must be doin somethin wrong. anyways, got through the first part, got chased out when pet ninja pulled a second group so fd, ran out of instance and logged my lowbie rogue for some sfk!

really wanna do all the instances i never got to do. and the old raids too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Well if multible mobs are the problem then I will try the gorilla as its special ability is Aoe extra aggro. (until the rhino comes that is :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Don't forget to make sure "Cower" is turned off on your pet.
    Just thought I'd mention that if you think your pet isn't keeping aggro, I know I've left it on in the pets abilities by mistake recently enough :rolleyes:

Screech ability is also decent enough AOE tanking ability if you're really stuck and don't want to bother with a Gorrilla.

Advertisement